5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM Dis-incentives

FYRSTIX

Reaction score
Am I the only one totally confused about the current set of national incentives RAM has until the end of the month.

Go on the RAM trucks website to build/price a 2023. You'll see the 10% off MSRP that has been running for quite a while. You will (may?) also see two additional offers, $4000 cash OR 4.9% APR financing. At least that's how it looks to me when I put in my northern California zip code.

So continuing with the 2023 build and price process, spec'ing out what I want, then doing a nationwide search I find some trucks all across the country. I contact a dealer about a 2023 sitting on their lot and we start talking numbers. But they don't see the same incentives I do. They see the 10% off MSRP and a 4.9% APR, but not the $4000 cash. Hmmmm.

I restart my build and search, but this time I use the dealer's zip code. Lo and behold, the $4000 cash isn't there.

So I called RAM today to get to the bottom of this and am told that the 10% off MSRP and $4000 cash are not compatible! What? You have to choose between them? That makes no sense. Why would I choose the $4000 off over 10% off MSRP on an $80k truck? As for the ability to combine 10% off and $4000 cash, my local dealers never said they were not compatible.

The RAM woman on the phone also couldn't explain why the $4000 cash offer was dependent on what zip you started the search on. It's a national promotion.

So here I am thinking I've got a truck I want in another state but the national promotions are completely broken.

Hey RAM, are you listening?

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is pretty common that Special APR financing and additional cash back do not combine - it's usually one or the other.

It's also common for incentives to vary by geography, especially state. If the dealer you were interested in is not in CA, that is quite possibly true.

mplaramie

Reaction score
Of course you and everyone want the best deal possible. My approach would be to set a target price or percentage off of the truck you want. Typically, you can get 15% to 20% off retail depending on the trim and model year. Don't get caught up in how you get there with RAM incentives. Let the dealer work the numbers to acheive your target price.

Just my two cents.....

Reaction score
another good reason to get out of cali........

Papi4baby

Reaction score
Nothing new OP.

Very rarely will anyone will qualify to get everything.

Always read the fine print at the bottom.

FYRSTIX

Reaction score
It is pretty common that Special APR financing and additional cash back do not combine - it's usually one or the other.
Yes of course. That's why I said the offers were 10% off and $4000 cash OR 4.9% APR.

another good reason to get out of cali........
Except for the extra $4000 cash was for those IN California.

Always read the fine print at the bottom.
True, but not being a lawyer (nor, I submit, are most who visit the website) I wouldn't be able to decipher it. Perhaps deliberately misleading to trap the unassuming?

But again, why would there be a mutually exclusive 10% off MSRP on the same page as $4000 off? Makes no sense to offer the latter.

U

User_3336

Yes of course. That's why I said the offers were 10% off and $4000 cash OR 4.9% APR.

Except for the extra $4000 cash was for those IN California.

True, but not being a lawyer (nor, I submit, are most who visit the website) I wouldn't be able to decipher it. Perhaps deliberately misleading to trap the unassuming?

But again, why would there be a mutually exclusive 10% off MSRP on the same page as $4000 off? Makes no sense to offer the latter.
AGAIN, nothing is confirmed until you verify with a dealer! Guessing what might apply is futile.

FYRSTIX

Reaction score
Ya got that right! What is the point of private offers and nationally advertised incentives at the same time if they can't be combined? My private offer says nothing about not being able to be combined. Of course not. That would me no sense.

I've been in negotiations with a couple of out of state dealers. Everybody has a different take on what can be combined with what or not. Some say my private offer is good with 10% off, some say not. It should not be the case that a consumer has to guess about these things.

I sometimes hear it depends on the dealer. Why? The dealer isn't promoting the 10% and didn't send me the private offer.

So frustrating!

U

User_3336

I haven't seen any private offers lately. Was this an internet pop-up? or some TDM the dealer found in DealerConnect under your Zip?

FYRSTIX

Reaction score
In an email first, but a regular mailing came a few days later. Had a redemption code tied to my name. It actually says you can combine it with most public offers. Certainly that would include the big national 10% off incentive.

Everything expires tonight. Maybe a better set of offers will replace these.

Driver

Reaction score
The only truth telling, straight shooting dealer I found anywhere was Anthony at Mark Dodge.

He is a subject matter expert and will tell it straight. Among 4 other dealers I spoke to, they were all confused. Don't know if any try to pocket some rebates for themselves.

Anthony will likely have the best discount and the best incentives.

U

User_3336

The only truth telling, straight shooting dealer I found anywhere was Anthony at Mark Dodge.

He is a subject matter expert and will tell it straight. Among 4 other dealers I spoke to, they were all confused. Don't know if any try to pocket some rebates for themselves.

Anthony will likely have the best discount and the best incentives.
Not everyone can get to Mark Dodge in Louisiana either.

Driver

Reaction score
Op just wanted to know the real truth on incentives. Mark Dodge will be truthful.
You don't have to buy there.

For most other stealerships, I'd barely trust one word they say.

If someone wants to buy from Mark and lives far away, No problem. A carrier will bring it. I saved more than enough even at 1200 miles.

One lying stealership in Va said they would loose $3k to sell at Mark's price. An inept Tn dealer claimed I couldn't get the Affiliate discount. Both were flat wrong.

TSR6

Reaction score
Don't forget to go on Ram.com and when it has the "enter your e-mail for a special offer" - complete that. It's an extra $1,000 incentive.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not everyone can get to Mark Dodge in Louisiana either.
Why not? I saved $14,000 buying from them. More then enough money for a plane ticket, hotel, and 1750 miles drive home. I could of paid to have it delivered also for that savings.

Or people can keep getting screwed around by local dealers hoping for a legit one is a sea of swamp. Doesn't bother me at all.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Rebates are based on where the BUYER is located, not the dealer.
So if there is a difference, the dealer elsewhere may not advertise it the same way, and also may not know it off the top of their head. But in this case, the $4k and 10% are in fact national

The Promo APRs from CCAP are standalone, and negate the 10% discount or the straight dollar amount rebate.

The purpose of the 10% vs the $4K is that the 10% is standalone, where the $4K is not.
So someone could get the $4k cash, plus $1K loyalty, plus 1K TDM coupon from ram trucks.com and get $6,000 off.
That $6000 off would be greater than 10%, if the MSRP was under $60K.

Affiliate, military/first responder, should work with both the 10% and the $4k.

Some region may have a regional extra cash on it too - making the $60K threshold even higher - I just haven't gone through every region to look, just CA and SW for this purpose at the moment.

U

User_3336

Rebates are based on where the BUYER is located, not the dealer.
So if there is a difference, the dealer elsewhere may not advertise it the same way, and also may not know it off the top of their head. But in this case, the $4k and 10% are in fact national

The Promo APRs from CCAP are standalone, and negate the 10% discount or the straight dollar amount rebate.

The purpose of the 10% vs the $4K is that the 10% is standalone, where the $4K is not.
So someone could get the $4k cash, plus $1K loyalty, plus 1K TDM coupon from ram trucks.com and get $6,000 off.
That $6000 off would be greater than 10%, if the MSRP was under $60K.

Affiliate, military/first responder, should work with both the 10% and the $4k.

Some region may have a regional extra cash on it too - making the $60K threshold even higher - I just haven't gone through every region to look, just CA and SW for this purpose at the moment.
Well stated. That's typically what I've experienced with Middle TN dealers. Also, if you go in a little educated, you can tell if the dealer is b/s'ing you.
Don't forget to go on Ram.com and when it has the "enter your e-mail for a special offer" - complete that. It's an extra $1,000 incentive.
That popup comes and goes. I haven't seen it popup since December since they were doing the 10%-15% off.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Buying from a local dealer has its advantages as some have found out. My local Chevrolet dealer won't process a warranty body/paint claim unless you bought it from them.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Buying from a local dealer has its advantages as some have found out. My local Chevrolet dealer won't process a warranty body/paint claim unless you bought it from them.
And that behavior would be in conflict with their franchise agreement.
It's hard to prove, unless they said it in writing - but that is against the rules.
I wonder if anyone has ever moved to your town and didn't buy a new Chevy in conjunction with buying their house!

Users who are viewing this thread