5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Etorque problems

Brian p

Reaction score
Good morning Ram experts, I have a 2022 Ram 1500 etorque problem. It recently died at an intersection and all the usual lights came on, emergency brake engaged and I was finally able to get it started. Battery was showing 11.7 volts at the time. Replaced battery with a new one. Problem is one day it will run all day and stay around 14 volts. Next day it will drop to the 12.5 volts while running.
Is this normal or is there something wrong that the 48v battery is only periodically charging the 12v?
Thank you for any input on this topic.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good morning Ram experts, I have a 2022 Ram 1500 etorque problem. It recently died at an intersection and all the usual lights came on, emergency brake engaged and I was finally able to get it started. Battery was showing 11.7 volts at the time. Replaced battery with a new one. Problem is one day it will run all day and stay around 14 volts. Next day it will drop to the 12.5 volts while running.
Is this normal or is there something wrong that the 48v battery is only periodically charging the 12v?
Normal

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I agree with @Ellisstrong that the voltage you currently show is normal, with the caveat that you've already had to replace the battery on your '22. Keep an eye on that gauge and while you are at it, check for any loose connections at the fusebox or grounds at the frame near the battery.

Brian p

Reaction score
I agree with @Ellisstrong that the voltage you currently show is normal, with the caveat that you've already had to replace the battery on your '22. Keep an eye on that gauge and while you are at it, check for any loose connections at the fusebox or grounds at the frame near the battery.
Thank you Gentlemen. From everything I have read I thought the voltage should stay between 13.7 and 14.7. Truck seems to run fine at the 12.8 so will keep a close eye on it.
Thank you for the responses.

cerbo

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing, 24 5.7 e torque, 1600 miles. Today while driving I saw the gauge go to 13.0 Volts. Stayed at 13. Usually runs 14.0. Normal I guess?

akaTheDude

Reaction score
That truck should still be under warranty. I would take it to the dealer and have them run it through the mill to find the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread