5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Etorque longevity

jvcnova73

Reaction score
Just curious how many miles everyone is getting out of the etorque without any issues. Also how much to replace the battery when it goes bad. My 2020 is out of warranty and has 81,000 miles on it with no issues yet. Also can you still drive once the battery dies

dajogejr

Reaction score
From what I’ve read.. the battery replacement is in the 1000 to 1500 range.
It’s not just as simple as replace and go, it looks like the system would need to be flashed or programmed to “relearn” the replacment battery capacity and health. I may be using the wrong term there, but bottom line… dealer replace OR, I’m sure there are others on here with tools and software that can tell you how to do it.

My guess is no you can’t drive it without the battery as all the electronics will probably freak out/drain the system.
But that’s simply and only my guess…

frisby5

Reaction score
Just curious how many miles everyone is getting out of the etorque without any issues. Also how much to replace the battery when it goes bad. My 2020 is out of warranty and has 81,000 miles on it with no issues yet. Also can you still drive once
It has a 8 year warranty on the system

Reaction score
not that you want to but surely there is a way to disable the system and remove it if not there will be.

dajogejr

Reaction score
not that you want to but surely there is a way to disable the system and remove it if not there will be.

I picked up the max care 8/125 for my truck. I’d put a bet that it won’t cover the eTorque battery, but at least the generator is covered.
I would probably him and haw should the eTorque battery fail after the 8/80K warranty, probably lose, but.. I’d at least ask…

1791.. I think the cost to disable and remove it would be so expensive..it wouldn’t be worth it.
Keep in mind, just because the battery may die, the generator is still 48V and that needs to go somewhere and get stepped down for 12V where needed. You’d have to replace that, most likely a lot of wiring, different pulleys, tensioner, belt(s)…etc.
I’d bet the cost of changing it over to conventional would outweigh the price to replace the battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online