5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does plug nplay have delay?

Seankurz

Reaction score
Do the plug and play harnesses like this still have issues with delay on tailgate light strips? Screenshot_20240223_064719_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Is the best route to go? I'm comfortable with hardwiring it skillswise, but I'd rather not damage factory wiring by splicing in, so I'd rather go with something like this. But would it have delay issues like I've heard with the opt7? I was going to pick up the Nilight, same design as the opt7: Screenshot_20240223_064557_Amazon Shopping.jpg
I already spent the last couple hours looking through the forum for threads to answer this. I even found a 37 page thread on the subject and frankly I started, but I'm not reading through 37 pages of comments. I asked for anybody to post a link to a useful thread instead of saying "go look for a useful thread" and someone posted links to products instead. So I'm posting asking.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would imagine there is a delay because you’re coming off the trailer harness still. I believe the delay is avoided when you tap directly into the tail light wire harness.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The delay is one reason I’m staying away from those LED light bars. I’m going to install TRX style three dot rear marker lights instead. I’ll tap them via the trailer hardness adapter like you linked for power.

FM45

Reaction score
Just another idea--

-=FM45=-

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just another idea--

-=FM45=-
I like that idea. I bought the smoked red marker lights already. But wasn’t a bank breaker. Where did you get those lights? And where did you tap the white accessory light into? The tailgate harness?

FM45

Reaction score
Here--

For Parking (Red) I went to rear drivers side Tail light feed, For Aux (White) I went to Tail Gate Led feed.. I added that to my'19... the white will illuminate upon reverse, unlock and opening gate... I was going to go the TRX way but way more parts and $$ for only half the result... Also the Chrome Bezel can be removed.... This add-on works well for my needs---

-=FM45=-

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/