5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding heat/cool to rear Laramie seats

cubsfaninsc

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie, and it has the heated/vented front seats. I am interested in adding heating/vented to the rear seats for my children, has anyone tried to do this?

I know I will need the heating elements, the ventilation fans, the control switches for the rear of the console, but does anyone know if the wiring is already pre run? If it is, and it's just a matter of spending money for the necessary parts, I may proceed. But if I would need to run a wiring harness too, I may just skip it.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am interested in adding rear heated seats too. Kids are disappointed that there is no heated seats in a 60k truck (there spoiled). I will be following this thread.

RJS

Reaction score
I am interested in adding rear heated seats too. Kids are disappointed that there is no heated seats in a 60k truck (there spoiled). I will be following this thread.
There are aftermarket solutions to allow heated rear seats. Google can be your friend here. Ventilated is more problematic.

Swicago

Reaction score
6EM19TX7AB rear heated/vented switch left
6EM18TX7AB rear heated/vented switch right
68438655AA console wire harness heated/vented/usb hub/wireless charger
68433909AC rear heated/vented module
68294530AD rear seat harness heated/vented right

68294526AD rear seat harness heated/vented left
68309558AB seat back left/right heater pad
68309559AB seat cushion left/right heater pad
68267096AA seat back left/right ventilation bag
68267106AD seat back left/right ventilation blower
68267094AB seat cushion left ventilation bag
68267099AB seat cushion right ventilation bag
68267105AD seat cushion left/right ventilation blower

I'd double check it all though, but this is what I have been able to find so far. Items labeled left/right, mean you have to buy 2.
As for body wire harness, I hope it's pre-wired as that bit is expensive.
Only 3 harnesses I found with label rear heat and they arr
68443995AC Body harness Heated Second Row Seats/Driver Seat Memory/6 Speakers/ParkView Rear Back-up Camera Parksense Ft/Rr Park Assist w Stop/Remote Start System
68444058AC Body harness 19 SPKR Harman Kardon Prem. Sound/ParkView Rear Back-up Camera/Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection/Parksense Ft/Rr Park Assist w Stop/Heated Second Row Seats/Driver Seat Memory
68444054AC Body harness 19 SPKR Harman Kardon Prem. Sound/Surround View Camera System/Heated Second Row Seats/Driver Seat Memory

In my opinion, up until body harness it is not that expensive to go factory. But as soon as body harness is added, it breaks the bank. And you'd have to tear the entire interior out, if you do have to swap in a different body harness. And the wiring goes under the truck and to engine compartment. Not worth it. So unless the rear heat module can be wired to the front, with a smaller harness it just won't be worth it. If I could get my hands on the ram wiring diagram, I could figure out what would be required to make a harness for that last run.
Or another option is to use all factory parts, minus the module. Then come up with a custom module(or 3rd party module) that can be wired to the factory switches and not require the need of the vehicle knowing it has rear heat/ventilation. Not like there is a menu on the touch screen for front to control it anyhow, so why the need for he body control unit to know it has it?

Last edited:

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to confirm if the factory wiring is present to basically plug and play if only adding rear heated seats. I was hoping there would be some type of harness available to plug into without splicing or adding modules. I know there a quite a few aftermarket options but I like the idea of having it look stock.

Daverous

Reaction score
Negative ghost rider. If you didn't get it from the factory it's not back there. Pulled my entire interior looking for it. It will have to be a new harness to retrofit the rear.

The center console button wiring is present if you buy the right harness, but the seat wiring is not.

brental1

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to confirm if the factory wiring is present to basically plug and play if only adding rear heated seats. I was hoping there would be some type of harness available to plug into without splicing or adding modules. I know there a quite a few aftermarket options but I like the idea of having it look stock.
Agree with Daverous. I have 2022 BH with Level 1 Equipment Group and no wires present in truck for rear seats. There were none present for fronts eiher; but I was able to get the harness from the same donor truck that my front (heat/vent) seats came from. It was a difficult process. Had to steal about 35 wires from the donor harness and add to my truck. I've been unable to find a donor harness from a truck that had rear heat/vent. Wonder is there's someone who could build the haresses?

FM45

Reaction score
I've got about 99% of the parts for the Rear Heated Seats... my only hold up is 2 remaining connectors, tho a source was located, I refuse to pay their price...
connectorexperts.com -- EXP1668 and CET1038BF ... if any members have part numbers from digikey or mouser please do post so we can close this mod...
Pics for reference--
Drivers Side Heat EXP1668.jpg Pass Side Heat CET1038BF.jpg

-=FM45=-

brental1

Reaction score
I've got about 99% of the parts for the Rear Heated Seats... my only hold up is 2 remaining connectors, tho a source was located, I refuse to pay their price...
connectorexperts.com -- EXP1668 and CET1038BF ... if any members have part numbers from digikey or mouser please do post so we can close this mod...
Pics for reference--
View attachment 177149 View attachment 177150

-=FM45=-
The donor seat I bought has heater pads. I have bought the vent bags and blower motors--but I don't know how to install the bags. (I posted pictures earlier). I think the bags install between the "hard" foam and the about 1/2" thick open cell foam. Do you know if I can peel the open cell foad away from the 'hard' foam and insert the bags? Also do you have wiring diagrams to wire these connectors ? I have the pinouts; but I'm looking for the routing of the wires to the appropriate connectors, and pins, in the truck--to build harnesses. Thanks

Last edited:

Quietpeen

Reaction score
Pics for reference--
View attachment 177149 View attachment 177150

-=FM45=-
this is what I’m finding for those connctors on alldata
passenger side (XY435A) 7283-6455-40 $2.02 In stock at mouser
drivers side (XY430A) 7289-6568-30 $2.25 not stocked 9 week leak time at mouser

double check that though

Last edited:

Khrissicks

Reaction score
Negative ghost rider. If you didn't get it from the factory it's not back there. Pulled my entire interior looking for it. It will have to be a new harness to retrofit the rear.

The center console button wiring is present if you buy the right harness, but the seat wiring is not.
Is this to say that the wiring for the heating and cooling buttons is hidden away in the center console?

If I buy the button module, I can hook it up to the center console?

Quietpeen

Reaction score
no you need a new harness that has the wiring for the buttons in the center console.

brental1

Reaction score
no you need a new harness that has the wiring for the buttons in the center console.
You don't need a new harness. Everything in the center stack works through CANBUS (or whatever it's called now). So swapping the center stack was the easiest part of install for me.

Last edited:

brental1

Reaction score
Is this to say that the wiring for the heating and cooling buttons is hidden away in the center console?

If I buy the button module, I can hook it up to the center console?
You don't need a new harness for the center stack. Everything in the center stack works through CANBUS (or whatever it's called now). So swapping the center stack was the easiest part of install for me.

Quietpeen

Reaction score
you do need a new harness or make one. If he has a center console with just usb’s in the back the wires that go to the buttos that he would have to add to turn on the rear seasts are not in the existing harness.

brental1

Reaction score
you do need a new harness or make one. If he has a center console with just usb’s in the back the wires that go to the buttos that he would have to add to turn on the rear seasts are not in the existing harness.
You are correct. I thought this post was talking about fronts, not rears. I posted earlier, maybe on another thread, which console harness I bought to get connectors for the rear heat/cool switches. BTW, I'm still trying to find the body (or cabin) harnesses to connect the 10 and 16 pin rear seat connectors to the truck. Have you found these harnesses?

Users who are viewing this thread