5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nitto ridge grapplers on 2021 ram 1500

saiyan

Reaction score
Hello,

First time posting. I had a question regarding nitto ridge grappler tires on a 2021 Ram 1500 limited ecodiesel.

Size is 295/50r22. Has anyone else used this tire size on their truck? I think I can get a good deal on a set of takeoffs but was wondering about overall ride quality, rubbing, road noise, etc.......
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Csapp05

Reaction score
Not a direct comparison but I had 295/70/18 Grapplers and they were very quiet, smooth and still looked new after 5k of driving.

DOFF

Reaction score
I did 285/70r18 for commuting and towing quite a bit. I’m at 40,000 miles on the tires. Still have a little under half the tread life left, tires started getting a little noisier but not bad by any means. Rides getting a little rougher due to some of the knobs becoming a little more prominent. Off-road traction in dry or muddy terrain is great. At least for me, when it rains, these tires get pretty slick.

saiyan

Reaction score
Thank you. Anyone with 22's? I'm concerned about rubbing or having to modify things to make it work. If I have to add spacers or other things, I'd be better off just buying 285/45r22

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting sized tire. I am running 285/55/22, wheels are +18 replicas. Stock 22’s are +19.
Mines is slightly taller, but not as wide. I do have wheel spacers, but for sure would clear the UCA’s without them. I have a level but still had to trim my mud flaps a bit to clear.
If you don’t know already, below is a fabulous site to check tire size and all related information. Good luck🤙🏽

saiyan

Reaction score
Mikey, thank you very much. Had no clue about that site!

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The member (name escapes me) that does the youtube series about high mileage 1500 was running those for a while. I found this video, should help you out.

Memphsi87

Reaction score
Tires a very quiet, stink in the rain, stink in the snow. Great dry traction, but scariest tire I’ve ever ran in the rain

saiyan

Reaction score
Appreciate all the info. Hoping to try them out and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/