5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting the Rough Country 3.5” lift, a question about tires…finished pic

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am getting the RC 3.5” lift when I get back from vacation. I have a question about tire size. I have a ‘22 Ram 1500 4x4 quad cab with 20” rims. I am keeping the rims. The shop recommends 34s and I don’t have a problem with that, I am just wondering how wide I can go on factory 20s without rubbing. I would like to get Ridge Grapplers (I’ve seen good reviews of them here) and am thinking 295/60r20. Will this size work without rubbing with the 3.5” lift?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
Had the lift installed today. Tires on Saturday. I was concerned about the negative rake that some folks ended up with, but happily, it looks okay to me. Other than being dirty, I think it looks good. It should look better with the tires. Before pic on the left and after on the right. More pics after tires.

Attachments

• IMG_8301.jpeg
    IMG_8301.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_8324.jpeg
    IMG_8324.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 114

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been eyeing the M1 upgrade setup. They spec like the Bilstein 5100's and many claim they ride the same. Seems RC quality has come a long way over the last couple years on certain things.

mrclortho

Reaction score
35's will fit with proper wheels...I had to trim the rubber wheel well liner a bit but nothing a pair of snips could not handle. This s a 3.5" Ready Lift kit.

ram31.jpg

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have 285/65r20’s with the RC 2” struts. Actually gained almost 2 1/2” in the front after settling. 1” Motofab rear spacer lift. I have zero rub with my tires. So with your 3.5” Struts, you should have zero issues. Truck looks good brother! Love a lifted Quad Cab! IMG_9941.jpeg IMG_9914.jpeg IMG_9656.jpeg

Last edited:

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
Looks bad@$$ brother! Nothing sexier than a lifted Quad Cab. You did a fine job sir.
Thank you. I was nervous about selecting the tire size. I’ve never had a vehicle lifted. Thanks to this forum, I was able to figure it out and use AlfaOBD to adjust my tire size for the Speedo.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@wacopolumbo

Are those factory power steps? They are sharp looking. I went with Go Rhino D6’s but might have gone your route had I seen this before. Your truck is looking great brother!

Jray22

Reaction score
Thanks. I went with 285/65R20.
Looks good! Probably because I have the same ride only in CC format. I’m looking at doing an identical lift except using the M1 (if I keep the truck) Also planning on adding the Hellwig rear sway bar. Could you do be a favor and measure for ground to highest point on truck? (Garage fitment) -Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread