5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would I benefit with a Hellwig on a 6in BDS Coilover lift?

Morenar

Reaction score
Hello All,

I just had a BDS 6in Fox 2.5 coilover lift installed a month ago. I think I finally got the front DSC's adjusted to the right setting to limit body roll and ride just right but wondering if a hellwig 1" rear bar would benefit me in any way? If it will, I assume I get the 7793 model since the lift kit came with extended rear sway bar links.

Thanks,

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello All,

I just had a BDS 6in Fox 2.5 coilover lift installed a month ago. I think I finally got the front DSC's adjusted to the right setting to limit body roll and ride just right but wondering if a hellwig 1" rear bar would benefit me in any way? If it will, I assume I get the 7793 model since the lift kit came with extended rear sway bar links.

Thanks,
I believe u can also use belltechs which is a bit cheaper than hellwig and also a thicker bar.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, especially when lifted because of the higher center of gravity. I ran the Hellwig on my 4th Gen w/ 6" and will be running another on this. As mentioned Belltech also. I'm on the fence about which brand I'll be going with. Which ever you get, grab the CORE4X$ sway links for a solid ride.

Just get the bar and go aftermarket links I mentioned above,

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, especially when lifted because of the higher center of gravity. I ran the Hellwig on my 4th Gen w/ 6" and will be running another on this. As mentioned Belltech also. I'm on the fence about which brand I'll be going with. Which ever you get, grab the CORE4X$ sway links for a solid ride.

Just get the bar and go aftermarket links I mentioned above,
If you are comparing the 2 I would say belltech is a no brainer. It’s a thicker bar 1” vs 7/8” hellwig. But the hellwig claims to be made of chromoly where belltechs claim “ engineered this Rear Anti-Sway Bar to guarantee maximum strength stability. It is made of industrial-grade, cold-formed steel with wedged ends for lasting durability. Meanwhile, this sway bar’s gunmetal gray powder-coated finish makes it impervious to corrosion and adds a more impressive look to your vehicle.”

So there is that

Morenar

Reaction score
If you are comparing the 2 I would say belltech is a no brainer. It’s a thicker bar 1” vs 7/8” hellwig. But the hellwig claims to be made of chromoly where belltechs claim “ engineered this Rear Anti-Sway Bar to guarantee maximum strength stability. It is made of industrial-grade, cold-formed steel with wedged ends for lasting durability. Meanwhile, this sway bar’s gunmetal gray powder-coated finish makes it impervious to corrosion and adds a more impressive look to your vehicle.”

So there is that
Hellwig now has a 1" bar
1707773469609.png

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yeah for almost twice the price of their first bar. I'm not sure the difference would be worth that much. They also have a front for like $500 which is crazy!! You can get Belltech for under $500 for both Front/Rear.
Yea hellwig is smoking some good stuff at those prices lol

Im not sure but I would bet hellwig is made/manufactured in the U.S. and that’s what the price reflects.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I run the Hellwig rear sway bar on medium and no front sway bar at all with 6” BDS Fox 2.5s and love it. Even though it sways, the bump compliance and off road ride is amazing with no front bar and the Hellwig rear bar

Users who are viewing this thread