5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cammed 2019 5.7 Blown Transmission.

It was worth it

Reaction score
Alright so I decided to F around and throw a cam in the 5.7, I was romping on the gas and my transmission made a patriotic eagle screech. Looks like were building the trans... does anyone know the stock HP rating on the 8 speed? And torque converter stall limit suggestions would be appreciated. Duration is 220/230 and .595 lift of cam. Any advice is appreciated. Will keep updating as the journey continues. The cam sounds incredible. The power feels even better. Can't wait to build this trans.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alright so I decided to F around and throw a cam in the 5.7, I was romping on the gas and my transmission made a patriotic eagle screech. Looks like were building the trans... does anyone know the stock HP rating on the 8 speed? And torque converter stall limit suggestions would be appreciated. Duration is 220/230 and .595 lift of cam. Any advice is appreciated. Will keep updating as the journey continues. The cam sounds incredible. The power feels even better. Can't wait to build this trans.
Any videos of the cam? What cam did you use?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve heard these transmissions can handle a pretty decent power increase that’s why I’m shocked yours happened with just engine work and no forced induction.

It was worth it

Reaction score
Supporting mods such as intake or exhaust? I have a cat back exhaust, but no long tubes yet. Was done before the cam. The duration on the cam is 220/230. lift is .588". Transmission is currently being built for 750hp with heavy duty clutches, new gear set and valve body. Also got a custom tune at tuners Inc. Cold air intake as well but that's not even a mod.

Punderwo

Reaction score
Yeah cam, lifters, valve springs. High volume oil pump. Hardened push rods. Plus tune. These transmissions are POS. Rebuild cost 7701$ getting built for 750HP
Too much for 750hp capable. Contact Paramount Performance or Southern Hotrod. They build these and have been in the Gen 3 hemi performance industry since 2007 or so.

Users who are viewing this thread