5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loose Window Trim

BriansLaramie

Reaction score
This just started happening in the last 3 weeks. Trim separating from the door / window surround. Anyone else seen this?
Note - pushing it back in does not work. Clips?
5 yrs and 1 month old - 61,090 mi.

Thank you, Brian

Attachments

• LR side window.pdf
    862.3 KB · Views: 72
  • RR side window.pdf
    642.4 KB · Views: 20

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thin on the driver side door just above the side view mirror. Truck is just over a year old at 14k miles.
When I push mine back in it goes in, but it comes right back out, almost like the trim melted and it's loose plastic.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not hot here in MA either, not sure what's with the trim or how it's warped like that. I don't think the rain would cause a problem, it should drain out the bottom but still looks like crap umo

BriansLaramie

Reaction score
Dealer wants $426 parts and labor for the 2 pcs of trim. Ridiculous. My last Toyota truck had 230,000 mils and was 10 years old when I traded it for my Ram - never had body trim falling off.
This price makes a tube of black RTV look very inviting.

Wwbar

Reaction score
Same issue on 2019, 51k miles. Got sideswiped last year and thought maybe this was a result of poor repair or incomplete install. Is there supposed to be an adhesive keeping the trim on? If I pull the trim back more on the vertical side, I see a rectangular clip on the inside, but if I push on it pretty hard, it's not enough to get the clip to seat properly. Any tips? If been trying to figure out why it sounds like the rear window is always open. It's the freaking trim!

Wwbar

Reaction score
Pic of the clip on the vertical edge of trim

Attachments

• PXL_20231014_162923748.jpg
    PXL_20231014_162923748.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 37

hogger

Reaction score
Mine started coming off at 9 months. Got replaced under warranty, but concerning nonetheless. Thanks for the info of how much that will cost post warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread