5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country 3.5" lift and Falken Wildpeak AT 3 tires installed

TennVol

Reaction score
San Juan de Dios, Anton, Cocle, Republic of Panama
I finally got my lift and tires installed on my 2023 Ram Bighorn. It looks WAY better now than it did!

- Rough Country 3.5” lift with the M1Monotube struts & shocks
- Falken Wildpeak AT 3 285/55 R20 tires

The front ended up lifted 3” and the rear ended up lifted 1.75” with the lift kit and new tires installed.
I live in the Republic of Panama and the tires choices in 20” are somewhat limited which is why I couldn’t mount larger tires.

One interesting thing I found out is the OEM upper control arms are PLASTIC. That seems odd to me that a major suspension part on a full size truck is plastic. The new ones are way more robust as they are forged aluminum.

I’ve attached some before & after photos of the truck and one of the plastic upper control arms.

IMG_6128.JPEG
IMG_6931.JPEG
IMG_6963.JPEG

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks good! I see a lot of good reviews about the M1 upgrade. They spec out like the Bilstein 5100's. Seems RC quality is coming around, even though some will still complain because of past history.

Jedi9

Reaction score
I am liking the RC rear bumper and have a front coming, The quality is good. They have had a bad name in the past, especially with their shocks

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am liking the RC rear bumper and have a front coming, The quality is good. They have had a bad name in the past, especially with their shocks
I'm contemplating the bumpers as well. I wish they gave the option for the DRL version LED bar/pods with just the cost differences.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm contemplating the bumpers as well. I wish they gave the option for the DRL version LED bar/pods with just the cost differences.
Call them up and ask them for a price on the differences. They have great customer service and have helped me multiple times with the weirdest questions. Lol. I just called them the other day and found out they sell the Cold Air Intake cone seperately so I bought one to swap on while I clean the other one.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Call them up and ask them for a price on the differences. They have great customer service and have helped me multiple times with the weirdest questions. Lol. I just called them the other day and found out they sell the Cold Air Intake cone seperately so I bought one to swap on while I clean the other one.
Good to know. I had the DRL version on my Grand Cherokee. Figured it would look better. Ya know Pimp Status :cool: :ROFLMAO:

Jedi9

Reaction score
A little birdie told me the front RC bumpers with skids are coming in now, fingers crossed mine ships today

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like how it hides the crap behind the bumper. I ran ICI Magnum on my last RAM.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

TennVol

Reaction score
San Juan de Dios, Anton, Cocle, Republic of Panama
They all are, the underneath has plastic reinforced I guess you'd say, but people call them all plastic.
I'm unsure of what everyone else has on their truck, but I can assure you mine are completely covered in plastic. There may be metal in there somewhere, but it is a moot point for me since I have replaced them!

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm unsure of what everyone else has on their truck, but I can assure you mine are completely covered in plastic. There may be metal in there somewhere, but it is a moot point for me since I have replaced them!
Mine were too until they found their way to the trash can.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Likely cheap stamped steel dipped in plastic coating to prevent rust.

Unless they did use 100% plastic during the “pandemic” due to part shortages.🤔

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've only ever seen the one posted above, stamped steel outer and reinforced underneath with plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread