5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 4 Update

Cdcrawford25

Reaction score
Hello- Yesterday I was prompted to update my Uconnect software in my 2019 Ram 1500 with 12 inch. All completed successfully as of this morning. I have no idea what was actually fixed though. Nothing really looks different. I attached a photo of the version from the System Info Screen. Thanks for any information that may be available.

Attachments

• IMG_2781.jpeg
    IMG_2781.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 90

Sixxshooter

Reaction score
I’m updating my 2020 Uconnect system right now . I figured it wouldn’t be anything to get excited about. 😔 They probably had to update somthing with maps .

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m updating my 2020 Uconnect system right now . I figured it wouldn’t be anything to get excited about. 😔 They probably had to update somthing with maps .
Maps are a separate file that you have to pay for

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello- Yesterday I was prompted to update my Uconnect software in my 2019 Ram 1500 with 12 inch. All completed successfully as of this morning. I have no idea what was actually fixed though. Nothing really looks different. I attached a photo of the version from the System Info Screen. Thanks for any information that may be available.
Still looks behind. Latest application version is 40.1. you have 35.31

Cdcrawford25

Reaction score
According to the website when I enter my VIN it says it up to date. Maybe I need to call in to Uconnect Support. Are there any notes for 35.31 or 40.1?

Runagun

Reaction score
According to the website when I enter my VIN it says it up to date. Maybe I need to call in to Uconnect Support. Are there any notes for 35.31 or 40.1?
The update files are in this site with directions how to update.

Cdcrawford25

Reaction score
My truck just prompted an update a couple of days ago. I was not looking for instructions how to update since it updates OTA. I was asking what do the updates fix?

Thanks again

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Uconnect website will always say your vehicle is up to date. Doesn't matter what application version you have. There are notes about the "fixes" for each version in the TSBs that go along with them. B

Runagun

Reaction score
My truck just prompted an update a couple of days ago. I was not looking for instructions how to update since it updates OTA. I was asking what do the updates fix?

Thanks again
This update gives you 3 extra hp. The 40.1 update gives you 10 extra hp and 3 mpg better. 🤷.

dacm99

Reaction score
I took the update on Sunday Feb 4th. When it finished a dialog box said “see details of the update”. I clicked ok and it went to a blank screen. To myself, out loud I said, that’s about right.

Cdcrawford25

Reaction score
Here is an update. I called Uconnect support. As someone replied earlier despite the OTA update just happening this past weekend 2/3/24 it was an old version?? Long story short Uconnect said the newest version is R 40.1 and it can only be applied by the dealer. I made an appt at dealer tomorrow. Here is a shot of the TSB and all it addresses I found in another chat. Hope that helps. I definitely experience several of these issues now that I see the TSB.

1707234533179.png 1707234622176.png

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is an update. I called Uconnect support. As someone replied earlier despite the OTA update just happening this past weekend 2/3/24 it was an old version?? Long story short Uconnect said the newest version is R 40.1 and it can only be applied by the dealer. I made an appt at dealer tomorrow. Here is a shot of the TSB and all it addresses I found in another chat. Hope that helps. I definitely experience several of these issues now that I see the TSB.

View attachment 176231 View attachment 176232
Let us know how much they're charging.

Ramboh

Reaction score
My software update completed yesterday and now this morning i noticed the dash was on all night. Where it says "Press brake and push start". Did not have that problem before the update :unsure:

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My software update completed yesterday and now this morning i noticed the dash was on all night. Where it says "Press brake and push start". Did not have that problem before the update :unsure:
I would disconnect the battery for 10 minutes to reset the vehicle. These things are nothing but big computers now days.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 176231 View attachment 176232
You can update yourself for free with a USB thumb drive. There are a few here on forum who have the update files

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ridiculous updates cost money and now you have to go to dealership to get ripped off instead of DIY.

Cdcrawford25

Reaction score
Agreed. I specifically asked them if something I could do myself and they said no. Even though I knew people have done it (now I have too). When pushed on cost they said no way to know without looking even though I told them what version it was on and what version it should be on per Uconnect support. Their rate and minimum is $160/hr and could take longer than an hour they said. They have a laundry list of known issues in this TSB and to charge for this type of thing is ridiculous. Also why all of the sudden is this not over the air when they all have been previously? BTW my dealer is Ron Lewis in Cranberry Twp, PA.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. I specifically asked them if something I could do myself and they said no. Even though I knew people have done it (now I have too). When pushed on cost they said no way to know without looking even though I told them what version it was on and what version it should be on per Uconnect support. Their rate and minimum is $160/hr and could take longer than an hour they said. They have a laundry list of known issues in this TSB and to charge for this type of thing is ridiculous. Also why all of the sudden is this not over the air when they all have been previously? BTW my dealer is Ron Lewis in Cranberry Twp, PA.
I've never had an OTA update on my 2020 with 12.1" display. But I was pretty proactive in updating myself when I saw new updates were out. Funny thing is, before I did first update to 37.2 myself, I never got vehicle health reports, and the SiriusXM weather radar never worked. After I updated both started working. Yet Uconnect said my radio was up to date

Users who are viewing this thread