5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Cover

theeuroguy

Reaction score
Dilemma. I had a Bak Revolver X4S on my ‘20 1500, great cover, no leaks anywhere. Took it off when I bought my ‘24, but it has the MFT. From what I now understand from Bak there is no way to fit the Bak on a Ram with the MFT. To the experts, is that correct? If so, then does anyone have recommendations for a similar cover for a 1500 (5.5 ft. bed) with the MFT. Not sure what to do since I have a perfectly good X4S that American Trucks said would fit. Thanks all!

Jake1050

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something but I watched a youtube video on that cover and based on how I think the MFT works I don't know how they would not be compatible with each other. Maybe ask the cover manufacturer because you'd think they would know. That being said I have the Tyger T3 and regular tailgate. It was probably cheaper that what you are looking for.

auburnvfr

Reaction score
Several manufacturers now make a compatible tonneau for the MFT (no Rambox) without having to modify the rails or even swap out the bed braces for aftermarket (rightonbrackets.com). There is an older thread dedicated to what works with the MFT (MFT thread). The main issue is that the brackets used at the front of the bed to brace the sidewalls (due to the MFT) do not allow for traditional bed cover rails to fit properly.

I just did a lot of looking online for solutions and put on the Undercover Armor Flex hard tri-fold. I was interested in the Bak X4S and found where some have modified (cut) the rails to work with aftermarket bed brackets. I was not interested in spending $1k+ and then have to cut up the rails and purchase aftermarket brackets to make it work. The Truxedo Sentry and Sentry CT are similar hard roll ups and have MFT compatible models, but with a less secure (IMHO) locking system. I sent an inquiry to BAK and they had no plans to make a compatible X4S model. Anyway, below are some model numbers that are made for the MFT (no Rambox) 5.7' beds without modification. There may be more, but these were the main ones I was interested in.

Undercover ArmorFlex: AX32012
Undercover UltraFlex: UX32012
Undercover Flex: FX31012
BAK MX4: 448226
Truxedo Sentry CT: 1585816 (hard roll up)
Truxedo Sentry: 1585801

Also, the ArmorFlex works great and allows only a few drips here and there, mainly up front. I have not gotten around to sorting that out yet, but its not a huge issue for me. I cannot vouch for any of the others as this is my first bed cover. I purchased through Realtruck and called them for a much better price than listed online.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Im pretty sure it could be made to fit if you are up for cutting the side rails to get around the corner brackets. I had an older BAK revolver and after watching videos on the new X4S, they are no different in their mounting procedure. I just installed an X15pro onto my MFT truck, and could imagine what it would take to make a Revolver fit, but i have a creative mind.
Easy way out will be to sell your revolver and get a cover designed to fit already.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use the Truxedo LoPro - second one. Fits perfect, MFT and Rambox no leaks and looks good. Not sure what you carry in the bed but I am not concerend about anybody getting in there as it is a soft roll.

theeuroguy

Reaction score
Several manufacturers now make a compatible tonneau for the MFT (no Rambox) without having to modify the rails or even swap out the bed braces for aftermarket (rightonbrackets.com). There is an older thread dedicated to what works with the MFT (MFT thread). The main issue is that the brackets used at the front of the bed to brace the sidewalls (due to the MFT) do not allow for traditional bed cover rails to fit properly.

I just did a lot of looking online for solutions and put on the Undercover Armor Flex hard tri-fold. I was interested in the Bak X4S and found where some have modified (cut) the rails to work with aftermarket bed brackets. I was not interested in spending $1k+ and then have to cut up the rails and purchase aftermarket brackets to make it work. The Truxedo Sentry and Sentry CT are similar hard roll ups and have MFT compatible models, but with a less secure (IMHO) locking system. I sent an inquiry to BAK and they had no plans to make a compatible X4S model. Anyway, below are some model numbers that are made for the MFT (no Rambox) 5.7' beds without modification. There may be more, but these were the main ones I was interested in.

Undercover ArmorFlex: AX32012
Undercover UltraFlex: UX32012
Undercover Flex: FX31012
BAK MX4: 448226
Truxedo Sentry CT: 1585816 (hard roll up)
Truxedo Sentry: 1585801

Also, the ArmorFlex works great and allows only a few drips here and there, mainly up front. I have not gotten around to sorting that out yet, but its not a huge issue for me. I cannot vouch for any of the others as this is my first bed cover. I purchased through Realtruck and called them for a much better price than listed online.

Good Luck
Thanks for the detailed reply! I will look at those. Guess I will just sell the Bak!

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Several manufacturers now make a compatible tonneau for the MFT (no Rambox) without having to modify the rails or even swap out the bed braces for aftermarket
You're exactly right and you gave some great recommendations for top products. The BAK Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover is not compatible with the MFTG, however there are other BAK covers such as the BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover or BAKFlip F1 Tonneau Cover that will work with the MFTG. Tonneau covers like the TruXedo Sentry CT Tonneau Cover, TruXedo Sentry Tonneau Cover, TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover, and Gator FX3 Tonneau Cover, just to name a few, are also compatible with the MFTG and will include an installation kit to accommodate for those brackets in the bed.

If you have any questions on fitment, availability, shipping times, or would like a pricing quote, please PM me or email me directly at [email protected], or [email protected].

Users who are viewing this thread