5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front fender removal - water leak

Ontopofit

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the front driver fender removal would be similar to that of a 4th gen? I can find a few videos on YouTube for the 2017-2018 rams but nothing really for 5th gen. I discovered my front driver floor absolutely drenched from a water leak and it doesn't seem to be coming from the rear. I'll be trying to locate and seal the water leak in some common places to look from posts I've seen and tsbs posted. Thanks

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No info on fender removal, but I'm pretty sure I've come across a thread regarding a possible faulty weld or seam in there somewhere. Search the forum. Good luck!

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I gotta tear into mine again too. It's leaking again. I thought it was just a clogged drain the first time, but apparently there's more to it as mine is soaked again. The first time I just loosened the inner plastic fender. Thank you so much for the pdf. I didn't know this existed. Maybe I'll just drop it off at the shop and have them do it.

Ontopofit

Reaction score
I stand corrected, so far I see water coming through the back window on the sides. I’ve been spraying the front/front top of the truck and don’t see any water intrusion on the floor, only when I spray the back window. Hopefully this is the only issue. Fingers crossed

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It could be. Check under your back seats too. That's where mine got really wet. There are several places to check. I sucked any excess water out with shop vac, sprayed everything with Lysol to prevent or kill mold/mildew and hung a damp rid bag in the cabin.

Users who are viewing this thread