5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck has 50k miles 2022 ram 1500 E torque

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Unless you got a check engine light on just ignore it.
They sent those messages out to people via the app in hopes you go into the dealership to get sold random crap.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Get the check engine code scanned at an autozone and then you will know.

The alerts via the app, unless you confirm on your truck are junk.

It's common for people to get those notices when nothing is wrong, doesn't mean your truck doesn't have a problem but saying theres a check engine light on means nothing to anyone.

Tjk1228

Reaction score
Thanks ! So we got cam and crank codes but would that happened out of no where ? Is that normal on a 50k mile truck

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Anything could happen to any truck, and most problems are "out of nowhere" typically people aren't expecting things to fail.
I have seen engines fail after 500 miles, anything is possible.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unless you got a check engine light on just ignore it.
They sent those messages out to people via the app in hopes you go into the dealership to get sold random crap.
I don't think the plan is to sell random crap. Your opinion is that. Yet he received that message with legit codes, seems to work correctly.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
I get that same message at least weekly. I have no issues with my truck, no trouble lights, no readable codes, but the app always says my check engine light is on and the dealer I bought the truck from calls the next day trying to schedule a service appointment. I do think there is a glitch somewhere for my situation, but OP seems to have a legit issue going on.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
Thanks ! So we got cam and crank codes but would that happened out of no where ? Is that normal on a 50k mile truck

Possibly sensors. Those start malfunctioning you get really weird things with timing and the truck would shake and/or run really rough.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Rough running engine, trouble codes Cam and Crank issues, its time for a dealer. If under warranty, in your case extended warranty, take it to the dealer. If in fact you have no warranty you can take it to a competent shop to save a little money.

This might be a long shot, but has it been in a collision recently and repaired? I lost my crank sensor on my 92 318 Dakota after I got rear ended, after being repaired I went on a 500 mile trip and the engine stumbled a few times. Lucky for me the dealer where I went to, was open and they found the crank engine sensor to be faulty. Thankfully the engine stumbled while they the computer connected. Of coarse I never mentioned the accident, it was under warranty still.

Users who are viewing this thread