5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

found zip tied under dash

ramm440

Reaction score
Is this some kind of fix for a recall on a 2023 RAM ecodiesel? It was zip tied close to the obd port and steering column area onto a support. It has a button connected by 2 wires. There are a total of 8 quick connect splices into the factory harness. I bought this truck with 1800 miles on it from a Mazda dealer that got it from an auction. It was originally purchased in California from a Ram dealer.

Attachments

• IMG_1402.jpeg
    IMG_1402.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1398.jpeg
    IMG_1398.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1400.jpeg
    IMG_1400.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1394.jpeg
    IMG_1394.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 120
U

User_3336

GPS/tracking device. I've found one in the last two Ram's I've bought. Some dealers use it for inventory purposes. Some sell it to the end customer as a GPS locator in case the vehicle is stolen.

Its usually piggy backed on the OBD port.

If you search the forum, you'll find other instances.

U

User_3336

I’d be pissed to see all the wires spliced like that on a basically new truck.🤨
Its a sloppy job for sure. The ones I've found were easy to remove as they just piggied on the backside of the OBD. I even took one of the back to the dealer ( I knew it was in there, they TRIED to sell it as an add-on) I can't imagine having to undo all that splicing to remove it.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is this some kind of fix for a recall on a 2023 RAM ecodiesel? It was zip tied close to the obd port and steering column area onto a support. It has a button connected by 2 wires. There are a total of 8 quick connect splices into the factory harness. I bought this truck with 1800 miles on it from a Mazda dealer that got it from an auction. It was originally purchased in California from a Ram dealer.
Homeland Security is onto you. I would destroy your hard drive now and ditch all the other evidence. They typically come late at night so you still have time. Make sure you aren't followed. Don't disconnect the tracker until you are finished. Use another car when moving evidence.

Users who are viewing this thread