5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confused

skeith223

Reaction score
Hi all I was wondering if anyone out there can help me with a situation that I’m having I purchased a undercover ultra flex bed cover for my 2024 Ram 1500 5.7 bed with ram boxes, I also have black rails installed from the factory. I was told that this cover would work on this truck if I remove the black rails and bolt in the rails from the undercover using the truck hardware, problem is there are no holes in the undercover rails so I’m wondering if they sent the wrong rails or am I missing something. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't know about that cover buy 99.99% of covers will NOT work with Ramboxes with black rails.
You need to remove the black rails and install silver rails.

It sounds like they maybe didn't send you the correct rails for Ramboxes, as I see some reviews and pictures and they don't have silver rails.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You will need Silver rails to Mahe the bed cover work. Typically I believe you get black rails from the factory if your truck came with oem bed cover from the factory.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You will need Silver rails to Mahe the bed cover work. Typically I believe you get black rails from the factory if your truck came with oem bed cover from the factory.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
^^This. Swap out the black rails for silver.

Users who are viewing this thread