5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Instrument switch for LED light bar.

Iridium

Reaction score
I’m sure this was brought up a couple times but it got me thinking..

I’m more into not having misc. aftermarket switches being drilled or glued to the dash or beside the steering wheel to activate lights etc. so I was wondering if anyone has actually opened the middle lower switch to integrate an on/off with their existing switch?

My big horn has only 2 options which are the following: haul/tow mode and traction control off/on.

I was looking at Mopar parts online and came across this version that has only 3 switches. I wonder if I can use the 3rd toggle switch for example a front bar led light that I’ve been wanting.. any thoughts if this would be possible I see the only modification needed here would be wiring and soldering. But other than that I wouldn’t know until I actually open that switch up.

Btw the led light bar I’m looking into is the rough country 20” led light bar. I live in the high desert area of California and I occasionally go out and explore the vast nothingness lol

Attachments

• IMG_5129.png
    IMG_5129.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 32

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m sure this was brought up a couple times but it got me thinking..

I’m more into not having misc. aftermarket switches being drilled or glued to the dash or beside the steering wheel to activate lights etc. so I was wondering if anyone has actually opened the middle lower switch to integrate an on/off with their existing switch?

My big horn has only 2 options which are the following: haul/tow mode and traction control off/on.

I was looking at Mopar parts online and came across this version that has only 3 switches. I wonder if I can use the 3rd toggle switch for example a front bar led light that I’ve been wanting.. any thoughts if this would be possible I see the only modification needed here would be wiring and soldering. But other than that I wouldn’t know until I actually open that switch up.

Btw the led light bar I’m looking into is the rough country 20” led light bar. I live in the high desert area of California and I occasionally go out and explore the vast nothingness lol
I believe that runs off the canbus so there's not really a place to solder wires to make it a standard on and off switch.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Some one on here used the home link buttons programmed to an rf receiver wired to a relay to trigger the lights. I think it was made by blazer and was pretty cheap to do it

Richard320

Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California

Scram1500

Reaction score
If you have a Bighorn there's a spot between the headlight switch and dimmer that's hollow. I used a small led lighted button that goes to a relay 1000000630.jpg

Scram1500

Reaction score
how did you access the back or does the plate pop off?
Once the switch is out of the dash you can see all the tabs that hold it together, the plate pops off

Users who are viewing this thread