5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P203E Error Code 2014 EcoDiesel

RFSau140

Reaction score
After adding DEF fluid, the gauge never recognized the added fluid. The check engine light tripped code P203E. It started the 500 mile countdown to where it won't start unless the system recognizes added DEF fluid.

I've purchased a replacement tank but it won't arrive for a week or more. Is anyone aware of any way to force the mileage countdown to restart at 500 miles? I was wondering if disconnecting the battery would force a reset of the computer?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
I would try disconnecting or even testing that battery before swapping the whole DEF tank and fill level sensor. Not certain that disconnecting the battery will help, maybe the trucks brain just needs to be turned off and back on again. In my experience with heavy equipment often the fill level sensor/sender will either corrode or degrade leading to faulty reading. Also check the wires and connections leading to the DEF tank sender, you might just have a bad contact somewhere.

tom318

Reaction score
Have you had the Y81 recall performed? Its a software flash and I believe it also helps address this def level sensing issue. Mine would do this occasionally and after that recall I never had it happen again. DEF usage went up for me slightly but It also solved another issue I was having with my SCR. I avoided the recall as long as possible but in the end it solved some issues for me.

Users who are viewing this thread