5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick question about Razer DT

TrkrMike

Reaction score
Hey guys I recently picked up a 2024 ram 1500 limited, and Ive seen the Tazer DT adds a lot of extra features. I was wondering is it possible to have the DRLs stay orange like the TRX's with my limited or is it an only TRX feature? Has anyone used that feature on any model except a TRX and it has worked properly?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys I recently picked up a 2024 ram 1500 limited, and Ive seen the Tazer DT adds a lot of extra features. I was wondering is it possible to have the DRLs stay orange like the TRX's with my limited or is it an only TRX feature? Has anyone used that feature on any model except a TRX and it has worked properly?
Seems the TazerDT can be a bit glitchy on some of the newer trucks. But, yes, the TazerDT has an amber DRL option, that also makes the mirror turn signals on with DRLs. If you don't want your mirror LEDs on at same time, then the TazerDT won't work for you

TrkrMike

Reaction score
Has anyone with a '24 used the Tazer DT and have any problems with it?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Seems the TazerDT can be a bit glitchy on some of the newer trucks. But, yes, the TazerDT has an amber DRL option, that also makes the mirror turn signals on with DRLs. If you don't want your mirror LEDs on at same time, then the TazerDT won't work for you
I use an older Tazer firmware version without the mirror LED’s because I only want the amber turns.

IMG_8409.jpeg
This is the version I use.

IMG_5048.png
Only version that seems to work fine with my 2022 and anything newer seemed to create other random issues.

Last edited:

1923bob

Reaction score
I have my DRL's set to amber but my limited is a 2021 the Tazer DT works good on my 21 but some people have trouble with some newer trucks.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes! i have a 2019 Longhorn. Purchased my tazer dt over 3 years ago and I use it to set My DRLs to Amber/orange option. I spent $300.00 for my tazer and I feel it was a worthy upgrade. 1 new anti-theft feature recently added with the latest firmware upgrade is the ability to create a custom sequential pin-lock button sequence pin you create which must be pressed in correct order to start truck.

1923bob

Reaction score
Yes! i have a 2019 Longhorn. Purchased my tazer dt over 3 years ago and I use it to set My DRLs to Amber/orange option. I spent $300.00 for my tazer and I feel it was a worthy upgrade. 1 new anti-theft feature recently added with the latest firmware upgrade is the ability to create a custom sequential pin-lock button sequence pin you create which must be pressed in correct order to start truck.
Cool I got my Tazer mainly for the pin - lock and I love it anything to slow down a bad guy.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cool I got my Tazer mainly for the pin - lock and I love it anything to slow down a bad guy.
I use the killbyfob. Don't need to use a pin, unless you leave your truck unlocked all the time

1923bob

Reaction score
Updated my Tazer from 18.2.4 to 18.2.6 today because I had to take the truck in for service.

TrkrMike

Reaction score
Updated my Tazer from 18.2.4 to 18.2.6 today because I had to take the truck in for service.
I finally got the Tazer and started messing with the features and I got my top DRL light to stay on amber like in your profile picture but does anyone know if there's a way to get the bottom DRL line to be amber as well?

1923bob

Reaction score
I finally got the Tazer and started messing with the features and I got my top DRL light to stay on amber like in your profile picture but does anyone know if there's a way to get the bottom DRL line to be amber as well?
I think the top is the only one that I can change on my truck it's a limited I don't know about other models

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Buy a TRX, or replace the led board with Oracle lighting in your housing.
You can disable signature lighting with turns off the other led when drl are engaged so only amber shows.

Users who are viewing this thread