5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regen Message

avanzielst

Reaction score
Hello all. Just picked up my first eco diesel, used to me. It is a 21 gen 3 model. Done a bit of reading through here and searching. Today as I was driving I got a regen in process, continue driving and then a regen completed message. From the best I can tell this is not a normal factory function and is from being tuned. Curious of what all tuners have this feature besides GDE? Just sent them an email to see if they had tuned this VIN but was curious to see if there are other tuners out that have this feature.

BigRedTD

Reaction score
Hello all. Just picked up my first eco diesel, used to me. It is a 21 gen 3 model. Done a bit of reading through here and searching. Today as I was driving I got a regen in process, continue driving and then a regen completed message. From the best I can tell this is not a normal factory function and is from being tuned. Curious of what all tuners have this feature besides GDE? Just sent them an email to see if they had tuned this VIN but was curious to see if there are other tuners out that have this feature.
I’ve had that message display on my 2022 and it’s stock. It’s a normal factory thing for you.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As long as you do a decent amount of highway driving the truck should regen automatically. If you idle or drive at low speeds a lot the truck may notify you that a regen is required and to drive at highway speeds until complete.

Other than that you’ll never get a message about a regen.

avanzielst

Reaction score
I’ve had that message display on my 2022 and it’s stock. It’s a normal factory thing for you.
That the thing, my father in law has a 22 as well and his has never shown that message for him. He wishes is would so he would know when its doing it but it doesn't.

avanzielst

Reaction score
As long as you do a decent amount of highway driving the truck should regen automatically. If you idle or drive at low speeds a lot the truck may notify you that a regen is required and to drive at highway speeds until complete.

Other than that you’ll never get a message about a regen.
Drive it 50 miles one way to the farm and then back from the farm. I know my old duramax would never show when regening other than on the edge insight.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It probably has the GDE tune on it. My '21 Laramie has the message in the EVIC screen with the tune. Takes about 9 minutes to complete.

Malodave

Users who are viewing this thread