5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found different tail light bulbs installed than documented in the 2023 owners manual

Campndru13

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Ram 1500 Bighorn and am in the process of switching to led bulbs. The owners manual calls out 7440 (single filament) for the tail light/brake light however the bulbs installed are 7443 (double filament). It appears you loose the tail light function if you use 7440 led bulbs as directed in the owners manual.
Has anyone had the same experience with this and can provide assistance?

Campndru13

Reaction score
I should have been more clear. I am looking for dual filament / function 7443 led bulbs, Canbus ready to replace my factory halogen tail light/brake light bulbs.
Does anyone have a suggestion for bulbs that will work?

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lasfit is the way to go IMO. I swapped out all of my halogens with Lasfits and have been very satisfied. Amazon might have lower pricing then direct website. IMG_0183.png

Campndru13

Reaction score
Thank you! I’m using Lasfit headlights and fog lights as well as the bulbs in the 3rd brake/cargo light housing.

Campndru13

Reaction score
I should have said thank you to Redz72 for the info. I ordered & installed them and they’re working great!

Users who are viewing this thread