5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 Ram Tips and Tricks, I didn't know about a couple of them.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn't know about the magnet in the center console :cool:
(y)

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn't know about the magnet, but I have it... unlike the rear seat hooks. 🙁

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How many of y'all have THIS in your center console?

1672870813816.png

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
went and checked my 19 Limited, has the bag hooks, magnetic spot on console with side slots for folders, clips on visors, everything on the list! woo hoo!

prflan

Reaction score
There were a couple of things I didn't know so I figured there might be something in here for others.

I didn't know about the neutral release or the cord management. How about you?

Thanks for sharing my video.

I believe the bag hooks to be a victim of supply chain issues. I used a 20MY truck for that part. I'm hoping to see them back in the 23 models.

I didn't know about the magnet until reading this thread!

bikemancs

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing my video.

I believe the bag hooks to be a victim of supply chain issues. I used a 20MY truck for that part. I'm hoping to see them back in the 23 models.

I didn't know about the magnet until reading this thread!
Hooks under the rear seats aren't in a 2023 Bighorn Backcountry. Got my truck last week. I'll check on the sun visor clips and the magnet.

prflan

Reaction score
I use the neutral lever quite a bit for moving the truck in the garage.

Speaking of paper clips, I didn't see mention of the magnet for paper clips in the center console above the hanging folder channel. That was 🤯 for me
Thanks for sharing...I didn't know about the magnet either or the video would have been 11 tips and tricks.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sun visor clips and magnet are in mine.
Since you have a 2023, I'm wondering something. Assuming that Bighorns have this feature in the first place...
In the rear doors, do you have accent lighting? On my 2022 (TRX), it's missing the middle light just under the armrest - there's just a hole in the door panel. Turns out that all of the 2022 TRX's are missing that light. So I'm wondering if the 2023's have the same issue.
Again, assuming that's even a thing on Bighorns.

bikemancs

Reaction score
Since you have a 2023, I'm wondering something. Assuming that Bighorns have this feature in the first place...
In the rear doors, do you have accent lighting? On my 2022 (TRX), it's missing the middle light just under the armrest - there's just a hole in the door panel. Turns out that all of the 2022 TRX's are missing that light. So I'm wondering if the 2023's have the same issue.
Again, assuming that's even a thing on Bighorns.
That's on Laramie and up AFAIK. BUT, it appears I could add it (found a video on an install of paragoptics). I only have footwell lighting (single light) in the driver and front passenger.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's on Laramie and up AFAIK. BUT, it appears I could add it (found a video on an install of paragoptics). I only have footwell lighting (single light) in the driver and front passenger.

I think this was either a yearly change or possibly something to do with the sunroof design? My 21 Laramie had a sunroof with had great ambient overhead lighting. My 22 limited only has a center mounted overhead light & footwell. I miss the dim overhead light for checking to see if the kids are asleep/positioned well when it’s dark.

prflan

Reaction score
Hooks under the rear seats aren't in a 2023 Bighorn Backcountry. Got my truck last week. I'll check on the sun visor clips and the magnet.
I checked the 2020 we have on the lot and a couple of 2022s that are here. On the 2020, there is a metal plate that is used to support the grocery bag hook. The metal plate appears to be attached to the rear seat cushion frame. That plate isn't on the 2022s we have. But Mopar shows the hooks, and screws available to order. Who knows?

Probably not something that was considered to be a priority for most consumers anyway.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don’t have grocery bag hooks because I didn’t buy a grocery getter. That’s what my wife’s car is for.😆

bikemancs

Reaction score
I think this was either a yearly change or possibly something to do with the sunroof design? My 21 Laramie had a sunroof with had great ambient overhead lighting. My 22 limited only has a center mounted overhead light & footwell. I miss the dim overhead light for checking to see if the kids are asleep/positioned well when it’s dark.
Checked mine now that it's dark. There was a small LED or similar in the roof mounted center console. Dim light that was on.

I didn't look at the back seat.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Checked mine now that it's dark. There was a small LED or similar in the roof mounted center console. Dim light that was on.

I didn't look at the back seat.

Hmm, that’s interesting. Mine is either on bright or off, no dimming. I wonder if I’m missing something to be able to have that.

The 21 Laramie with sunroof had dim lighting above each back seat. Just the right amount too.

Users who are viewing this thread