5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 Ram Tips and Tricks, I didn't know about a couple of them.

bikemancs

Reaction score
I didn't know about the headrest button, but I did only get my truck last week. The cord control will be something I mess with shortly. I don't have the rear seat clips...

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Only thing I didn't know was the clips in visorsz But I rarely use my visors and have no need for clips in them anyways

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I use the neutral lever quite a bit for moving the truck in the garage.

Speaking of paper clips, I didn't see mention of the magnet for paper clips in the center console above the hanging folder channel. That was 🤯 for me

Loudram

Reaction score
Speaking of paper clips, I didn't see mention of the magnet for paper clips in the center console above the hanging folder channel. That was 🤯 for me
Add another one I didn't know about. I'm going to check that out.

Edit: I couldn't find it. Where exactly is it? Maybe I don't have that. Obviously it's not a big deal but it's more of a curiosity now that you mentioned it.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if the "cable manager" is specifically designed for doing what he did with the cords. And if the cord is wrapped like that, would be annoying taking the phone out, especially if still driving.

Loudram

Reaction score
I don't know if the "cable manager" is specifically designed for doing what he did with the cords. And if the cord is wrapped like that, would be annoying taking the phone out, especially if still driving.
It works for me. I just wrap it around the half I'm not using. Really the only time my phone is there is when it's charging and that's not often. Otherwise it stays in my belt clip. Uconnect and wireless AA make it so I don't have to have my phone out.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Another victim of the supply chain crisis. My truck is pre covid

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Woo Hoo! Mine is a 2022, and it has the magnet. Boy, I would have been p1ssed if I was missing a feature I didn't know about and didn't need.

Console Magnet.jpg

Ram-583

Reaction score
There were a couple of things I didn't know so I figured there might be something in here for others.

I didn't know about the neutral release or the cord management. How about you?
I knew about the neutral release but didn't know about my rear headrests, the holding down of the volume button to reset the radio or the hooks for shopping bags!

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Alas, no shopping hooks on my 2022. Can anyone else confirm that their 2022 has these?

Users who are viewing this thread