5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

275/70/18 Tire size 2" Leveling kit

dhodgesx

Reaction score
So, recently I put a 2" leveling kit on my 2020 Ram and wanted to "beef up" my tire size while keeping my stock rims. My original size was 275/65/18. I spent quite a bit of time looking for pictures and recommendations for different sizes. The majority of posts seemed geared towards 20" rims and unless you are versed in the ratio aspect its confusing to translate someones size to your rim size. I wanted to go with a size that would fit better with the truck and achieve a better look without sacrificing MPG or skewing the speedo to an uncomfortable degree. I ended up going with Falken Wildpeak AT3W 275/70/18's and really like the look. Its a nice step up without being too much in my book. Still getting 21 mpg give or take on the highway and the ride is nice. Anyway, I just wanted to add to the search results for others that might be in my boat. 20221102_164014.jpg

us5

Reaction score
I have 2022 Laramie, all stock. Planning to put the same tires, Falken Wildpeak AT3W 275/70/18. Did you adjust anything after you put new tires They are about 1" bigger then stock tires.

dhodgesx

Reaction score
I only put a 2" front leveling kit on. No other changes or trimming had to be made. Mud flaps stayed on, too.

Edit: I did have the truck aligned when I got the tires put on, that should definitely be done when doing a leveling kit.

Last edited:

us5

Reaction score
I mean, did you adjust the headlights and the speedometer?

dhodgesx

Reaction score
Oh, no I did not adjust either. I used a tire comparison calculator I found online and it calculated I should only be off 2 mph. I can live with that, without reprogramming.

us5

Reaction score
Falken Wildpeak AT3W 275/70/R18 on all stock RAM 1500 Laramie

IMG_3086.JPEG

Last edited:

dhodgesx

Reaction score
Looks good 👍 that should have been the stock tire size imo. Fills out the wheel wells much nicer.

Users who are viewing this thread