5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35s with a leveling kit-kit and tire questions

kmilke22

Reaction score
Hey yall.

I'm considering putting a leveling kit on my 21 1500 Lonestar 4x4 to get rid of the factory rake. There are 2", 2.5", and 3"front/2" rear kits? Which kit has gotten yall to the most leveled? Also, has anyone had luck with running 35s on their stock wheels with a leveling kit with no rubbing/trimming needed?

Thanks for the help guys!

bigtexco

Reaction score
I went with daystar spacers and revel links. It is leveling kit purchased from revel performance. Gave it a 2.5 lift. I am also running 35s and I havent had any rubbing that I could tell as of yet.

Louhound88

Reaction score
Hey yall.

I'm considering putting a leveling kit on my 21 1500 Lonestar 4x4 to get rid of the factory rake. There are 2", 2.5", and 3"front/2" rear kits? Which kit has gotten yall to the most leveled? Also, has anyone had luck with running 35s on their stock wheels with a leveling kit with no rubbing/trimming needed?

I also have a 21 Lonestar 4x4, added 2.5" motofab leveling spacers and 295/65r20 on stock night edition 20x9 wheels.

I went with Yokohama Geolandar MT's. On the truck they measure out to about 34.75" tall, and 11.8" wide. My biggest concern for fitment was with the upper control arm. Stock tire was very close to the UCA, with maybe 5/8" of space between the ball joint and the tire sidewall. But after the 2.5" level the Yokohama's fit with around 3/8" of space now, and clear at full lock either direction. The tires also clear at full lock everywhere else within the wheel well, and just narrowly miss my mud flap in the front wheel wells.

The Motofab 2.5" kit also worked out pretty well. Stock heights I measured out at 39" to the center of the rear wheel well, 36.25" to the center of the front. Now after level and tires I'm at 40.75" to the rear and 40.25" to the front. So still a tiny bit of rake, though it has the illusion that the front is high.

No rubbing anywhere. clears front of the wheel wells, clears back of the wheel well with the small mud flaps. Only place it rubbed was when reversing and turning the wheel to the left, the passenger tire would catch the thin plastic inner wheel well liner. It was curving outwards likely due to engine heat and it curling. I snipped off a 2 inch section with some scissors and fixed that.

20220106_164552.jpg

puba08

Reaction score
Bilstein or Eibach adjustable shocks in the front. Don’t have to touch the rear. 35’s on stock rims may rub the UCA if you go 12.5” wide without spacers. 34x11 or 35x11.5 will fit perfectly without trimming rubbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Louhound88

Reaction score
Bilstein or Eibach adjustable shocks in the front. Don’t have to touch the rear. 35’s on stock rims may rub the UCA if you go 12.5” wide without spacers. 34x11 or 35x11.5 will fit perfectly without trimming rubbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah 12.5 wide will for sure touch the upper control arm. Mine measure out to 11.8" wide and I can almost stick a fingertip between side wall of tire and UCA.

kmilke22

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the replies. @Louhound88 nice truck man, definitely the exact look/stance im going for. I just can't stand the factory tires and rake. Coming from a F150 with a 4 in lift and 35s it is an adjustment!

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
I also have a 21 Lonestar 4x4, added 2.5" motofab leveling spacers and 295/65r20 on stock night edition 20x9 wheels.

I went with Yokohama Geolandar MT's. On the truck they measure out to about 34.75" tall, and 11.8" wide. My biggest concern for fitment was with the upper control arm. Stock tire was very close to the UCA, with maybe 5/8" of space between the ball joint and the tire sidewall. But after the 2.5" level the Yokohama's fit with around 3/8" of space now, and clear at full lock either direction. The tires also clear at full lock everywhere else within the wheel well, and just narrowly miss my mud flap in the front wheel wells.

The Motofab 2.5" kit also worked out pretty well. Stock heights I measured out at 39" to the center of the rear wheel well, 36.25" to the center of the front. Now after level and tires I'm at 40.75" to the rear and 40.25" to the front. So still a tiny bit of rake, though it has the illusion that the front is high.

No rubbing anywhere. clears front of the wheel wells, clears back of the wheel well with the small mud flaps. Only place it rubbed was when reversing and turning the wheel to the left, the passenger tire would catch the thin plastic inner wheel well liner. It was curving outwards likely due to engine heat and it curling. I snipped off a 2 inch section with some scissors and fixed that.

View attachment 125278
Have you had any rubbing on uca from tire when going at a higher speed around a tight turn? Everything clears fine on mine when not moving but I think when the trucks actually moving it must stretch the tire or just has more force on it when turning hard around corner at higher speed then my ABS will light and I can feel it slow a bit. I have the 275/65R/20 scorpions so not sure if it's just the tallness of the tire.

Dan Houle

Reaction score
Hey yall.

I went to my local custom shop, told them I wanted a level kit & after I wanted to put on 35's. They said the process called for a 2" level kit. Went with the Ready Lift with new UCA's. The front is probably a 1/2" higher than the back, but it appears like it's settling down a little after the install, can barely tell. I went with BFG KO2's, zero rubbing, not even close.

williamappel

Reaction score
Hey yall.

I just put on Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.50R22 on my 2022 RAM Limited with Air Suspension and haven't had any issues with rubbing yet. I just ordered the Revel Front Links (front only) to level it out. Should have them in about a week!

joshsouth12

Reaction score
I went to my local custom shop, told them I wanted a level kit & after I wanted to put on 35's. They said the process called for a 2" level kit. Went with the Ready Lift with new UCA's. The front is probably a 1/2" higher than the back, but it appears like it's settling down a little after the install, can barely tell. I went with BFG KO2's, zero rubbing, not even close.
Similar story here - i just Added 2” ReadyLift Leveling Kit with UCAs and upgraded to 285/65r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on stock 20x9s +19 offset - no rubbing or trimming required, and have more room between tire and UCA now than I did with the 275/55r20s stock. Wanted the full 35” tire but offset wouldn’t allow it per readylift and my shop where it was installed.

Currently sitting at 39.5” from ground to highest point of front wheel well (up from 36”) and 40” in the rear

So long to the crappy Bridgestones that came on it - didn’t make it 21k miles!

Attachments

• 6D0DAEAF-46C5-42EF-AEC5-B0B6AE5ABB98.jpeg
    6D0DAEAF-46C5-42EF-AEC5-B0B6AE5ABB98.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 499
  • F0656D7F-E7A7-4397-9622-AF0642D43906.jpeg
    F0656D7F-E7A7-4397-9622-AF0642D43906.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 511

Rdiersing

Reaction score
Interesting that ur 33x12.5r22 on stick rims don’t rub. My 33 kenda klevers rub at full turn on normal height!?!?!?

Rdiersing

Reaction score
Similar story here - i just Added 2” ReadyLift Leveling Kit with UCAs and upgraded to 285/65r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on stock 20x9s +19 offset - no rubbing or trimming required, and have more room between tire and UCA now than I did with the 275/55r20s stock. Wanted the full 35” tire but offset wouldn’t allow it per readylift and my shop where it was installed.

Currently sitting at 39.5” from ground to highest point of front wheel well (up from 36”) and 40” in the rear

So long to the crappy Bridgestones that came on it - didn’t make it 21k miles!
Can u tell me how you like the teadylift 1.5 leveling kit? I’ve seen some people were left with the front an inch higher and the rear squatting down

joshsouth12

Reaction score
Can u tell me how you like the teadylift 1.5 leveling kit? I’ve seen some people were left with the front an inch higher and the rear squatting down
It’s great. The only instances I’ve heard of that is when they haven’t been properly aligned. front currently stands at 39.5" from ground to highest point (center) of front wheel well, and rear sits right at 40".

Last edited:

Florida RAM

Reaction score
Curious about rubbing...wouldn't simple wheel spacers fix that problem in most situations? I just put a Motofab 2" level on mine with 275/60/20 tires with 1/2" wheel spacers all the way around. I actually get a better turn radius now than I had completely stock with smaller tires.
Leveled Ram.jpg

joshsouth12

Reaction score
Curious about rubbing...wouldn't simple wheel spacers fix that problem in most situations? I just put a Motofab 2" level on mine with 275/60/20 tires with 1/2" wheel spacers all the way around. I actually get a better turn radius now than I had completely stock with smaller tires.
View attachment 128635
it depend on where the rub is, and the size of tire - sometimes spacers and/or a more negative offset can actually exacerbate the rub issues.

Rdiersing

Reaction score
View attachment 128635
You don’t have air ride, so that’s why ur able to use simpler spacers correct? Oh actuality after rereading you said wheel spacers… I didn’t know they made wheel spacers. That’s a good idea. Do you know what brand they are?

fubar414

Reaction score
I just put on Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.50R22 on my 2022 RAM Limited with Air Suspension and haven't had any issues with rubbing yet. I just ordered the Revel Front Links (front only) to level it out. Should have them in about a week!
did you put the ridge grapplers on the stock wheels?

Users who are viewing this thread