5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memory Key Fob / Sirius XM / 12" UConnect Questions

Hunts99

Reaction score
Hey there, I have had my 2019 Laramie for a little over a week now. I have tried to search, but the search feature is a little wonky on here. Not sure if this is the right forum for some of my questions.

Yesterday, I wanted to set up my wife's settings to her key fob and have the following questions as they relate to the fob memory, XM (I have never had XM before) and the overarching 12" UConnect:
  1. What exactly is tied to the key fob? (NOTE: Each change I had her save her settings to memory and the key fob)
    1. Is it just side mirrors, seats?
    2. What about radio stations / XM stations?
    3. What about 12" screen layout
    4. I had my wife set her own "theme" and the center console and it set, but it didn't revert back to my setting later (kept what she changed it to)
      1. I assume that the center console layout and theme are not memory specific, but more standard. Is that a correct statement?
  2. In setting up my wife'e information, it cleared out all of my XM presets (and hers as well).
    1. Is that a known issue?
  3. I have tried setting up the XM Travel Link favorites...I have all the favorites set in there, but in the "card" on the split screen, none show up
  4. For setting up the XM "users" I have both me and my wife as listeners. I cannot switch from her to me, clicks and then reverts back to her
    1. Also, what does that do? It doesn't seem to remember my listening habits etc. like it says it will online from XM
    2. Cannot figure out how to delete listeners
  5. I tried to listen to the live sports broadcast for an NBA game a few nights ago using the search feature on XM and nothing happened
    1. e.g. dead air
  6. Also about a half of the addresses that I tried to put into the navigation system could not be found. The addresses do exist as Google Maps have no issue, but this cannot find them to either save or mark as favorites.
Sorry for all the questions, but these are all similarly related to the UConnect system just in different veins.

Users who are viewing this thread