5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sling Control

B55CoMo

Reaction score
What are everyone's go to products or methods to minimize tire shine slinging all down the side of a freshly detailed truck!? No concrete queen here, but I do enjoy a good detail occasionally. 20210726_160006.jpg

Sherran

Reaction score
I use Chemical Guys VRP and let it dry for about 20 minutes while I clean my windows and look over any spots I might have missed on the paint. I've never had an issue with dressing slinging onto my paint. I have a black truck so I'd notice it instantly.

I've been using VRP for about 6 months. I apply it every other week.

Edit: I use these to apply the dressing.

I've heard tire sling could be related to the product you're using as a dressing.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not a fan of tire dressing. It just attracts more dust :p

I've heard tire sling could be related to the product you're using as a dressing.
I've used it on other vehicles in the past, and this is what I found. Some definitely sling more than others. Can't remember what I ended up finding to eliminate that though. It's been too many years and my CRS is kicking in.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
VRP for the win! Awesome stuff. Make sure to use a good foam applicator and don’t use too much. A little goes a long way. It also works great on all black plastic trim (bumpers, hood, doors, mirrors, bed caps, etc).

Last edited:

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I like superiors products cover all, there's no sling
Capture.JPG

Same thing in an arenol and about $10 a can

coverall-can-good.png

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rubber isn't supposed to shine. I use Simple Green to clean the rubber and get the raised white letters white again. Then I let the tires air dry. All of my vehicles get this treatment, even the show cars. Like I said, rubber isn't supposed to shine, so why put something on them that slings.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Am I missing something here? If you do tire shine *before* detailing, wouldn't the sling have already happened and get washed off in the detail?

Users who are viewing this thread