5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sedan or SUV to 2021 1500 Limited

Cruz

Reaction score
Well I didn't get the Limited. Just picked up a 2020 Laramie - Sport Package. 2021 Limited was about $25K more.

Laramie has Air suspension, pan roof, ram boxes, power running boards, 360 deg camera, harman kardon stereo, 12 inch display, V8. Also came with a tonneau cover and mats.

I guess the only thing I'm missing compared to the Limited is Heads up display and camera in rear view mirror?

Thoughts so far:

1. Love the look of the Laramie. All black exterior and interior with the sport hood.
  2. Ride is very comfortable and quiet. Used to drive an Audi A8 and it's comparable.
  3. Doesn't feel like your going fast. Had to slow down a few times.
  4. Need to adjust to the turning radius.
  5. Only parked backing in once. 360 camera helps.
  6. Love the height.
  7. Don't miss people tailgating me and trying to race all the time!
So my "Day 1" has been great!

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess the only thing I'm missing compared to the Limited is Heads up display and camera in rear view mirror?

Congrats

HUD and rearview camera are optional not standard on Limited.

The only things you’re probably missing that you can’t get on Laramie are rear ventilated seats, adaptive LED headlights, better quality leather, softer cushioned seats.

MagicA4

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

Anyone switched from a sedan or suv to a Limited and had any regrets?

I've never owned a truck before but the Limited is catching my eye.

I would never tow or use the bed. But would prefer this over a SUV.

I'm currently driving a sports sedan. Parking would be the only drawback correct? Size of the truck?

Thanks!

I know where you're coming from. Never had a truck before and really no need to haul anything ... ever. My wife would never drive anything else than her beloved hot hatches and I preferred the combo sports-car (911) and sports-sedan (M3). I got into a 2019 RAM 1500 because I was tired of the M3 sliding around during NE Ohio winters (on snow tires!). The more I drove the RAM, the more I fell in love with it - so much that I ended up driving the RAM or the 911 with the M3 only collecting dust. It very much depends on your driving style and habits. The RAM has a quite luxurious, quiet and comfortable ride - you "hover" over things. That combined with the feeling that you can "get everywhere" is very appealing to me. On the other side - if you like to hustle through back roads and you do like a quick "powerplay" on the highway or at the traffic-light, the RAM is not your best bet. I like both and don't want to miss a "rowdy" car when I'm in the mood. In the meantime I replaced the RAM with a 21 F150 which is definitely more powerful but also less refined. Good luck with your decision!

Cruz

Reaction score
Congrats

HUD and rearview camera are optional not standard on Limited.

The only things you’re probably missing that you can’t get on Laramie are rear ventilated seats, adaptive LED headlights, better quality leather, softer cushioned seats.

I test drove the Limited. The seats are a bit more cushioned. But not complaining about the Laramie seats. With the extra features, I couldn't justify spending $25k more on the Limited. :)

bpwj76

Reaction score
Well I didn't get the Limited. Just picked up a 2020 Laramie - Sport Package. 2021 Limited was about $25K more.

Laramie has Air suspension, pan roof, ram boxes, power running boards, 360 deg camera, harman kardon stereo, 12 inch display, V8. Also came with a tonneau cover and mats.

Thoughts so far:

1. Love the look of the Laramie. All black exterior and interior with the sport hood.
  2. Ride is very comfortable and quiet. Used to drive an Audi A8 and it's comparable.
  3. Doesn't feel like your going fast. Had to slow down a few times.
  4. Need to adjust to the turning radius.
  5. Only parked backing in once. 360 camera helps.
  6. Love the height.
  7. Don't miss people tailgating me and trying to race all the time!
So my "Day 1" has been great!
I came from a BMW 3 Series and I don't miss people wanting to race me either. Also, I hated being in traffic and couldn't see over the larger vehicle in front of me. Now I can!

My Laramie is also a good bit quieter inside than my Bimmer.

beanz690

Reaction score
I know where you're coming from. Never had a truck before and really no need to haul anything ... ever. My wife would never drive anything else than her beloved hot hatches and I preferred the combo sports-car (911) and sports-sedan (M3). I got into a 2019 RAM 1500 because I was tired of the M3 sliding around during NE Ohio winters (on snow tires!). The more I drove the RAM, the more I fell in love with it - so much that I ended up driving the RAM or the 911 with the M3 only collecting dust. It very much depends on your driving style and habits. The RAM has a quite luxurious, quiet and comfortable ride - you "hover" over things. That combined with the feeling that you can "get everywhere" is very appealing to me. On the other side - if you like to hustle through back roads and you do like a quick "powerplay" on the highway or at the traffic-light, the RAM is not your best bet. I like both and don't want to miss a "rowdy" car when I'm in the mood. In the meantime I replaced the RAM with a 21 F150 which is definitely more powerful but also less refined. Good luck with your decision!
You basically have my dream garage lol. RAM 1500, 911 and an M3!!! Please don't tell me you have a Ducati Panigale V4S too hahaha. Enjoy your toys in good health!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I test drove the Limited. The seats are a bit more cushioned. But not complaining about the Laramie seats. With the extra features, I couldn't justify spending $25k more on the Limited. :)
Mind if I ask where you bought your truck? I'm looking at a Limited but needed to wait until someone looked at it last night. I found out it's still available this morning. What're the chances it was you? :ROFLMAO:

Cruz

Reaction score
Mind if I ask where you bought your truck? I'm looking at a Limited but needed to wait until someone looked at it last night. I found out it's still available this morning. What're the chances it was you? :ROFLMAO:
I didn't look at a Limited last night. So, not me. :)

laramie4x4

Reaction score
you feel it's size when turning, other than that no complains at all

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Cherokee to Ram.

The pickup is a lot wider, especially with tow mirrors. It took a while to get comfortable on the freeway, keeping it centered in the lane. Parking is still a challenge at times. But I like being able to throw messy stuff in the back and not have to worry about it.

Runagun

Reaction score
Just to chime in While I love my '21 ram 1500 limited. I love my'21 Pacifica hybrid just a lil bit more. 😂 And the kicker is I don't have kids. Well, not that I know of.

Sportznut

Reaction score
One more advantage of a full-sized truck versus an SUV is ride height.

When I briefly went back to an SUV I really missed sitting up higher.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ChrisID

Reaction score
This is surprising to hear. We have a 2014 GC Limited and 2020 GC High Altitude and I think the Ram rides better than both, especially absorbing bumps and potholes. The High Altitude also has air suspension but I don't think it measures up to the Ram.
I agree. My 20 laramie and 21 limited (both air ride), ride better than my wifes '18 GC w/air. a good amount better.
I will also add that both my ram's ride better than my sold '18 300S, which was pretty good, but the ram is better (to me).

Users who are viewing this thread