5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UC4 "downgrade" from 12" to 8.4"

FBPete

Reaction score
Has anyone swapped from 12" UC4 to 8.4" UC4 (Downgrade screen size while staying UConnect4)?

I don't like the 12". I want physical HVAC controls, and I do not want to deal with upgrading to UC5. I have the 360 cam and don't want to swap CVPM, etc. I also prefer wired Android Auto anyways.

I have a 2019 limited with the 12" with the 360cam, and the buttons up top for lane control and park assist. What would be involved in doing it? Obviously I would need the bezel/trim, but:
  1. Do I need to swap the 12" module for the 8" module or can I just swap the disassociated display?
    • I see that the UC5 module that Infotainment sells works with both the 12" and the 8.4, does that work here too?
  2. Would I need any special cables/harnesses to hook up the new physical HVAC and seat control buttons?
  3. Are there any other different cables needed?
  4. I have a Tazer bypass module already, would that work?
  5. I have AlphaOBD, would that allow me to set the VIN, or do I need something else?
I've tried searching and can't find anything on this topic. I can find this uncompleted UC5 downgrade thread, but nothing on a simple keeping it UC4 downgrade. If this has been done and somebody's search-fu is better than mine, a link would be much appreciated.

Thanks all!

Users who are viewing this thread