5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

this may not be the place to post this, but I am going to anyway. opinions or knowledge of the different level kits

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
why I wait impatiently for my Ram to come in I am building a parts list so to speak for mods.
anyway, my truck will have the air suspension good or bad, I plan to level it with the revel kit that is revel links and daystar spacers.
my question is, Do I need to replace the UCA's with the upgraded one's revel has available. if so, is it a pain to get it aligned correctly?
I would rather not replace them if I don't need to. my truck won't see any heavy off-roading other than farm fields and boat ramps
is this the best kit to Use in my case? I want to keep all the functions of the truck in tacked as far as the 4x4 functions go.
sorry this air suspension stuff is all new to me as all I have ever had is GM and they were easy to level with a block under the strut.
thanks in advance guys.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I would upgrade the arms and alignment " shouldn't " be an issue as many run that kit.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is also Readylift kit

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
There is also Readylift kit

I looked at the instructions for the ready lift kit from the link above and it says in big red bold letters the kit does not work for the offroad group and the rebel packages.
my truck is ordered with the offroad group. I wonder why that is that it wont work? it basically looks just about the same as the revel kit.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I looked at the instructions for the ready lift kit from the link above and it says in big red bold letters the kit does not work for the offroad group and the rebel packages.
my truck is ordered with the offroad group. I wonder why that is that it wont work? it basically looks just about the same as the revel kit.
I'm curious, especially with air suspension. I could see coils. Does the Rebel/Off-road group sit higher on air like coils? I've never looked into it, so not sure.

Edit: Maybe different air links and with Readylift they don't replace links, like Revel?

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I'm curious, especially with air suspension. I could see coils. Does the Rebel/Off-road group sit higher on air like coils? I've never looked into it, so not sure.

Edit: Maybe different air links and with Readylift they don't replace links, like Revel?
good point on the links, I was wondering if maybe the geometry on the control arms. I'm just curious now because revels kit doesn't say anything like that that I could see.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
good point on the links, I was wondering if maybe the geometry on the control arms. I'm just curious now because revels kit doesn't say anything like that that I could see.
Yeah Revel changes the links, so I'm guessing that's why. Maybe someone with Rebel and Air can confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread