5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Low Rams build

Lowram

Reaction score
2022 Ram 1500 2wd. 5.7 Diamond black crystal pearl. Lonestar w/night edition package. Goal is to go low and wide to give it a sport truck look.

Had the truck for a while and basically just let the parts pile up in the garage. Finally started installing them.
Current pic (updated)
D4F0FFA8-3CE9-4C36-A55E-E2ED438C4025.jpeg

IMG_5160.jpeg
Belltech front lowering coilovers, rear springs and relocating brackets.
IMG_3747.jpeg Lowered it then I installed the Rough country sport fenders in satin black.
IMG_3764.jpeg
Also installed the Recon rear tail lights, Air design tailgate spoiler and rough country low profile hard bed cover.
IMG_3783.jpeg
This was the end result of these mods installed.
IMG_3802.jpeg
IMG_3818.jpeg

Attachments

• D4F0FFA8-3CE9-4C36-A55E-E2ED438C4025.jpeg
    D4F0FFA8-3CE9-4C36-A55E-E2ED438C4025.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Lowram

Reaction score
Ride is not where I want it yet, so now I’ve installed rear QA1 Stocker star dual adjustable shocks. Apparently these will only work with 5 or 6 inch rear drops from what I read here. Now idk if 2022 they changed up some things but I also had to buy the top mounting adapter and switch it from an eyelet to a stud and a different sleeve on lower eyelet to fit stock bolts. Luckily they had everything in stock at Summit. Also installed Apoc Industries upper and lower adjustable Arms and cut off original bump stops. Ride has improved but still working on adjusting pinion angle.
Qa1 TD709 (shock)
QA1 SS 100SD (stud adapter)
BSN-195452 (Billstein shock mount sleeve)

IMG_4925.jpeg IMG_4927.jpeg

IMG_4972.jpeg
IMG_5034.jpeg
IMG_5113.jpeg

Lowram

Reaction score
Put a light tint film over the new Vland headlights. Lower fog lights also have a yellow laminate X tint.
414EF5A4-0C20-423E-A78B-1295AE2B5044.jpeg
IMG_4911.jpeg

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great. I should have called QA1 before I bought my adjustable Ride Tech stuff. Just to see what they have. Compression and rebound settings would be nice. How much of a drop did you do? I’m assuming you have the 5’ bed, which means you have the one piece drive shaft. This should make it fairly easy to adjust your pinion angle. I need to adjust my pinion angle, but I have the 6’ bed, so I have a two piece drive shaft, which makes things much more interesting.

Lowram

Reaction score
Looks great. I should have called QA1 before I bought my adjustable Ride Tech stuff. Just to see what they have. Compression and rebound settings would be nice. How much of a drop did you do? I’m assuming you have the 5’ bed, which means you have the one piece drive shaft. This should make it fairly easy to adjust your pinion angle. I need to adjust my pinion angle, but I have the 6’ bed, so I have a two piece drive shaft, which makes things much more interesting.
I do have the 5 bed but I also have a 2 piece driveshaft. Idk if it’s because I got 3.92 gears. I’ve actually been having trouble adjusting my pinion angle as well. I bought the Apoc industries Adjustable arms, but they don’t have any pre-set for relocation brackets.

Also the Belltech relocation brackets I’m using use an additional bump stop and with my current adjustment, it pivoted up and now it only has like 1.5inches of travel before it bottoms out. Not sure what to do next lol

Lowram

Reaction score
I do have the 5 bed but I also have a 2 piece driveshaft. Idk if it’s because I got 3.92 gears. I’ve actually been having trouble adjusting my pinion angle as well. I bought the Apoc industries Adjustable arms, but they don’t have any pre-set for relocation brackets.

Also the Belltech relocation brackets I’m using use an additional bump stop and with my current adjustment, it pivoted up and now it only has like 1.5inches of travel before it bottoms out. Not sure what to do next lol
I’m on a 3/5, idk how people do 6. I already cut my factory bump stops and I have very little space for travel. The rear adjustable shocks have helped a lot.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Interesting. I thought that all the trucks with the 5’ bed had the single drive shaft.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m on a 3/5, idk how people do 6. I already cut my factory bump stops and I have very little space for travel. The rear adjustable shocks have helped a lot.
Ok. I’m somewhere between a 2/4 and 3/5 drop. I’m still playing with height adjustments. I think I’m going to settle on about 34” fender height on all 4.

Lowram

Reaction score
Ok. I’m somewhere between a 2/4 and 3/5 drop. I’m still playing with height adjustments. I think I’m going to settle on about 34” fender height on all 4.
Where are you measuring from? From bottom of wheel to fender?

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Lowram

Reaction score
Where are you measuring from? From bottom of wheel to fender?
How’s the ride on the Ridetech? I’m currently working with Belltech because my front coilovers are very stiff and their specified measurements don’t add up. They might be sending me some new ones, hope I just have some defective ones.

Lowram

Reaction score
This is a thread I posted in another forum trying to get some help figuring it out. I’m not 100% sure that my pinion angle needs adjusting, but I have a very faint vibration happening, but I’m not completely convinced it’s due to pinion angle. I just want to make sure I’m ok before putting too many miles on it.

I also have a very light vibration from about 8-12mph. I’m thinking it’s the only thing it can be because I didn’t have it before the drop.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How’s the ride on the Ridetech? I’m currently working with Belltech because my front coilovers are very stiff and their specified measurements don’t add up. They might be sending me some new ones, hope I just have some defective ones.

The ride is pretty good. It is a lowered truck, so I accept that the ride is a little stiffer than it was stock, but it’s not bad. I’m still playing with adjustments. The rear Ride Tech shocks only have a rebound adjustment. I adjust rear ride height by adjusting the air pressure in my Timber Grove CRM bags. The front Ride Tech coil-overs have height and rebound adjustment.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d say driving straight down the road, the ride difference between the Maxtrac and the Ride Tech isn’t completely night and day. There is a difference though. The truck feels more responsive and planted, if that makes sense. But, the cornering difference is pretty substantial.

Users who are viewing this thread