5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

Reaction score
Congrats man! Let me know if you like it, I'm tempted on doing this as my next project.

On the subject of trolls, I agree it's kind of funny how some people lecture you for asking a simple question and would prefer you instead pore through a 60 page thread filled with outdated and inconsistent advice.
Yeah. it's a bummer folks react that way. I put the ACC on a buddy's truck. We experimented with that part number - someone else had luck with it as well. Here in Michigan, the speed limits on the freeway are <65 or >80 so those that are just trying to get up north safely cannot stand the constant jabbing of the brakes then whacking the gas over and over again. The set it and forget it mentality reigns supreme in this scenario. If you are going to use it, that is a great option to have.

Last edited:

71_340

Reaction score
I have read several pages of this thread, unfortunately this modification is a bit over my head.

With that said, I have a 2023 Ram 1500 Laramie which already has Full-Speed-Forward-Collision-Warning-Plus, Rain Sensing Wipers, Ready Alert Braking, and Auto High Beam. Also has the 12" Uconnect 5.

I would love to add adaptive cruise and lane keep assist. If anybody within reasonable driving distance from Missouri ZIP 65584 has the skills/experience to do this, I would be happy to pay you well.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was told by MOPAR Parts and Accessories - Save up to 40% to order:

68415320AA - HCU
68436462AL - ABS

The ABS part is different than what has been discussed on this thread. Can someone please verify if these are OK. I have a 2021 Rebel with FCW+ and already has the DASM.

tks a lot!
Make sure you order what is here if possible. They will probably ask for your VIN, do not give it. Otherwise, you will be getting replacements.

tejinderm

Reaction score
Make sure you order what is here if possible. They will probably ask for your VIN, do not give it. Otherwise, you will be getting replacements.
I did not provide VIN but they blocked the order and had me call in to confirm VIN. I got the "fair warning" this part is not for you etc and if you still order you wont be able to return. I told them to proceed and that I knew what I am doing. Lets hope they send what I ordered. It should be verifiable from the packing list when it arrives I hope because the part of the truck itself has no way to tell what the SKU code is. (as many others have noted earlier)

vincentw56

Reaction score
I did not provide VIN but they blocked the order and had me call in to confirm VIN. I got the "fair warning" this part is not for you etc and if you still order you wont be able to return. I told them to proceed and that I knew what I am doing. Lets hope they send what I ordered. It should be verifiable from the packing list when it arrives I hope because the part of the truck itself has no way to tell what the SKU code is. (as many others have noted earlier)
Actually, I just looked at the PDF and you ordered the parts that are listed on there, so you should be good.

tejinderm

Reaction score
Actually, I just looked at the PDF and you ordered the parts that are listed on there, so you should be good.
lol. Vincent I am a noob but before asking Qs - I made sure I read every post and every PDF ever posted so you have me stumped (albeit pleasantly). Which PDF do you refer to. The original one and subsequently updated PDF list 68436462AJ for the ABS. I ordered 68436462AL for ABS. lmk pls tks

vincentw56

Reaction score
lol. Vincent I am a noob but before asking Qs - I made sure I read every post and every PDF ever posted so you have me stumped (albeit pleasantly). Which PDF do you refer to. The original one and subsequently updated PDF list 68436462AJ for the ABS. I ordered 68436462AL for ABS. lmk pls tks

The PDF in the first post. The last two alpha characters are just revision numbers. So, those are the same ABS part numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread