5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla S-Type sound

JohnProvident

Reaction score
Not sure if the Stype is too loud. I was wondering if anyone in the Pittsburgh area has one installed so maybe I could hear it in person.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not in Pittsburgh, but you will probably like the S Type, if not today, tomorrow.

I had a Borla Touring muffler only on my old Silverado and it had a nice rumble at idle and a nice growl at throttle. It sounded similar to the Chevy 6.2 liter stock exhaust.

When I went with Borla for this truck, some said I want the Touring due to the Hemi already having a stock rumble and growl. I went with the S type think it would be slightly more than my old Silverado. It was a lot more. It sounds good at idle, sounds great accelerating, but is 100% quiet when cruising. The ATAK is very aggressive, very loud and could be annoying to you, family and neighbors.

The S type is louder than I wanted when I got it, but I quickly loved it and wouldn't buy anything else.

A friend of mine ordered one for his Camaro SS and the sound of his is very much different than on the RAM. So the Chevy sound is nothing like that from the Hemi, so know that going in.

Good luck.

Amazing93

Reaction score
Love my S type. No regrets. Sound amazing without being obnoxious

JohnProvident

Reaction score
Yea I think I’m going with the s type. Touring sounds like it’s not enough of an upgrade for spending all that money. I appreciate the feedback guys thank you for your help

Users who are viewing this thread