5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Passive Entry: How-to

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks @l84dnr and @vincentw56. Any thoughts on the AP5 part? The tailgate is working so it may already be enabled but I'm out of town for a few days and can't check the JSCAN programming.
What is this AP5 part? I read your post but who knows what that is.

Tonkadog

Reaction score
I’ve got a programming question. I’ve noticed that when the doors are already unlocked and I grab the door handle the truck wants to unlock again. Is that normal? I used JSCAN to program and everything lined up with AlfaODB instructions except I could not find this option “Cust.Prog.Features- Passive Entry Unlock All Doors or Approach Door- ENABLED” but everything otherwise seems to be working, including unlocking all the doors so I wouldn’t think that is causing what I am experiencing. I did find a post by @Jimmy07 thst talks about AP5 that I did not program. I search of the demo shows two AP5’s. AP5 trunk and AP5 Trunk Lock. @Jimmy07 (or anyone else who knows) do I set both of those to smart switch?
I used jscan the last one of the 10 is there type “cust” in search but that controls if one or all door open I believe

rturner98

Reaction score
If anybody doesn’t want to spend the money for the entire door harnesses and rear facia harness, and doesn’t feel like building the add on harnesses with the parts, let me know and I can build them for you-
Ybotwhi.jpg
How long are each cable?

tristainbdts

Reaction score
I elected to purchase door harness from a dealer. A issue I ran into with the driver door latch . Passenger side was fine. The driver harness had a different connector and one more wire then my factory non passive entry harness. I swapped out my old connector to the new harness and have yet to have any problems with the passive entry function or notice anything not working. my truck is a level 2 big horn and I used a door harness out of a limited I believe. part number 68429506aa and 68361206ad. side note these harness have every option (ambient lighting, door mounted tweeter, and memory seat) possibly even more. so far all I have messed with is the lighting and memory.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Ive scrolled through multiple pages already im done lol
How much was the total cost with all the parts and pieces?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ive scrolled through multiple pages already im done lol
How much was the total cost with all the parts and pieces?
You can go through the parts list in the first posts to add it up. Roughly $600 depending on what you need to buy.

N7GZN

Reaction score
So reading 56 pages, I come away with the following to add rear door PE.
Being a Delmonico Red Longhorn (with chrome insert) I need two handles, the same part number for both sides: 6CV361RVAD.
For the rear door handle caps I can order any side and color front door handle cap and harvest the magnet, or order two front passenger door handle caps in Delmonico Red: 6CV52NRVAB.
Order a set wire harnesses for rear door pe from jimmy07.
Then tap the respective body side harness into the front door PE wiring.

Most of the work is in the doors, everything else is already in place and enabled.
I am wondering if there are more robust methods for tapping into the factory harness that is at least water resistant. The solderless clamshell splices available at auto parts stores don't appeal to me.

Users who are viewing this thread