5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 RHO

Big Gunz

Reaction score
Cannot wait For the 2025 Ram 1500 RHO..They call it the Rhino...This is exactly what I've been hoping for.. TRX body style with better gas mileage than the Supercharged TRX v8 gas hog but it still packs a punch with 540 hp..Thoughts? 1000003999.jpg

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Requires High Octane.

Steve

Not a problem, I use 91 from Costco (cheaper than 87 from regular stations), since it meets the 89 octane recommendation. Wish Costco had 89, but again still cheaper than most stations 87.

With the RHO I will get vastly more hp and torque than my 5.7L while probably getting better than the 13 mpg I'm currently getting. I say a bargain, and with the base models coming in at below $70K, it's cheaper than most well equipped Rebels.

As for the OP, I love it. I think the TRX feels like a bit too much of everything, but with the Hurricane HO and the substantially cheaper MSRP, it really makes me interested. It along with the Raptor 3.5L are the only non-V8 full size trucks I would consider. For my next truck, I was thinking about a ZR2 Silverado, but at around $75,000, I rather get an RHO or Raptor.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not a Trx, I hate how they reusing parts… could of at the very least switched up some of the exterior aesthetics and set it apart just from a quick glance from a Trx… powertrain aside.

Big Gunz

Reaction score
I definitely agree ..There should have been something to set the RHO apart from the TRX other than the lettering on the rear..

Big Gunz

Reaction score
Still this is the first time I'd consider selling my limited for anything else..I know this thing is going to be constantly reeling in my head 😬

utlong31

Reaction score
I’m seriously thinking about looking at one of these myself in the near future. I’ll probably wait and see if or what problems they run into first. Don’t like buying the first model year of a new design. I’ve been looking at the TRX but the prices have been ridiculous around here. I’m in my truck all day 5-6 days a week and a little worried about the fuel cost on the TRX. Might be hard to get rid of my 2022 Laramie. So glad it’s not an e-torque and it’s been a great truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

spyder

Reaction score
I won't buy a first year, but I'll be watching them closely and considering one. Don't think it comes with the longer bed I need though.

Big Gunz

Reaction score
I agree let's sit back, watch and see how it all pans out..not sure if you can get the long bed..be nice if it was an option

Big Gunz

Reaction score
Not a problem, I use 91 from Costco (cheaper than 87 from regular stations), since it meets the 89 octane recommendation. Wish Costco had 89, but again still cheaper than most stations 87.

With the RHO I will get vastly more hp and torque than my 5.7L while probably getting better than the 13 mpg I'm currently getting. I say a bargain, and with the base models coming in at below $70K, it's cheaper than most well equipped Rebels.

As for the OP, I love it. I think the TRX feels like a bit too much of everything, but with the Hurricane HO and the substantially cheaper MSRP, it really makes me interested. It along with the Raptor 3.5L are the only non-V8 full size trucks I would consider. For my next truck, I was thinking about a ZR2 Silverado, but at around $75,000, I rather get an RHO or Raptor.
I agree it will deliver on a lot of levels for me..My limited is lifted with 35x13.50r22's my mileage sux..This could be my reason to upgrade😃

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I won't buy a first year, but I'll be watching them closely and considering one. Don't think it comes with the longer bed I need though.
It might be the first year as an RHO but everything in the truck has been in production for at least two years. Other than the engine the RHO is the same as the TRX, which has been in production since the 2021 model year. The HO Hurricane engine has been in the Grand Wagoneer for a full two model years so it’s not the first year for that engine either.

Users who are viewing this thread