5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What else in your garage?

detroitm2

Reaction score
Probably the best M model when it comes to size and performance. Even the F30 is just a bit overgrown and the G80 is more like a M5 now. You got the best color as well.
I agree 100% :) Still weighs quite a bit, but it doesn't "feel" heavy.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently drove the previous generation of this as a rental, I think a 2019 NA I4, and it was rather impressive. Almost mid-sized, tons of room for cargo to the airport, drove well and amazing fuel economy for it's size even in the city. I'm eying the current version of this or a RAV4 as my A to B commuter, I'm not ready to go Model Y just yet.
I've not driven a hybrid Rav or the Rav 4 Prime but our '24 CR-V Hybrid compared to a regular Rav 4 is ridiculous. It handles so well and drives way smaller than it is. I can't wait to daily it vs my current Mazda 3. We love the CR-V. My mother in law has the Rav and my wife and I both dislike it. Even more now that we own a competitor 😂

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've not driven a hybrid Rav or the Rav 4 Prime but our '24 CR-V Hybrid compared to a regular Rav 4 is ridiculous. It handles so well and drives way smaller than it is. I can't wait to daily it vs my current Mazda 3. We love the CR-V. My mother in law has the Rav and my wife and I both dislike it. Even more now that we own a competitor 😂

Sounds great, I'm definitely leaning that way. However, I do come from a long line of Toyota people. Family has usually been Toyota cars/suvs and Ford trucks, but then again I went with a RAM, so why not a Honda :). I have been a lifelong Honda F1 fan since the Senna days and now Red Bull, so it would be cool to finally own one.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not to long ago I added this severely neglected 87’ 300TD to the family. Been sitting for 5 years but fired right up with a new battery and some fresh fluids. View attachment 184033
Thank the lord for single stage paint. She cleaned up pretty nice just after the first cut
View attachment 184036
that is a BIG difference!
i love these 80s and 90s Mercs! there's just something about those... almost pulled the trigger on a 190E cosworth but the bimmer head in me took over and ended up picking up an E30 318is lol

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
that is a BIG difference!
i love these 80s and 90s Mercs! there's just something about those... almost pulled the trigger on a 190E cosworth but the bimmer head in me took over and ended up picking up an E30 318is lol
Nice, I’ve always wanted a W201 but ended up getting this wagon in its place as the beater. I hope your E30 is a manual!🤣😜

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice, I’ve always wanted a W201 but ended up getting this wagon in its place as the beater. I hope your E30 is a manual!🤣😜
it was. 5 spd lol it was a blast to drive.
but i found myself driving the offroad rig more (even for daily) so I sold it to my friend despite I had plan to do a complete strip down rebuild and restomod.

now I daily a E90 M3 lol figured life's too short to save the mileage for resale value and not enjoy the car.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
it was. 5 spd lol it was a blast to drive.
but i found myself driving the offroad rig more (even for daily) so I sold it to my friend despite I had plan to do a complete strip down rebuild and restomod.

now I daily a E90 M3 lol figured life's too short to save the mileage for resale value and not enjoy the car.
Beautiful! Did it even need a restomod it looks mint! ;)

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Being parked that close to another vehicle gives me anxiety.
Haha we have the system down pretty well, been doing it for 7+ years now. Only drivers get in the car in the garage, and we put the driver doors towards the outside of the garage. (That's why truck is forward and Porsche is backed in).

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Beautiful! Did it even need a restomod it looks mint! ;)
thanks! those DSLR pics were taken shortly after I got it lol
i just to fix some things... like that notorious cracked dash, the door panels needed new clips, the sunroof needed a refresh on the opening and closing mechanism, exterior needed a repaint or polish, some chassis bushings needed to be updated to the polyurethane ones for stiffer handling, steering rack needed to be updated to the Z3 one for more precise turning, hood release latch needed to be changed (it broke), speakers needed to be updated and audio wires needed to be replaced, engine needed to be stroked or boosted (or both), exhaust system needed to be changed (my friend who does BMW parts got a supersprint 783105 lined up from Europe but I told him if a customer pays more then just go ahead and sell it because it'd be ages before I got to that lol), the new-to-me wheels and tires (the ones on the car when I sold the car) were gonna be replaced with either TE37s or larger BBS (came with 14" OE BBS when I got the car but I wanted bigger size)

i already replaced the intake hose, cleaned the idle control valve, refreshed the suspension, rebuilt the driveshaft, installed short shifter, got tires and wheels (the one I had when I sold the car to my friend), changed out the AC compressor (PO converted it to R134).

if I didn't get into offroading and overlanding the E30 would've been done lol the 4runner (i had the 4runner at the time) took priority over the e30 since 2019 so I put it on pause and just drove the way it was.

Users who are viewing this thread