5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Cover, 22 Ram 1500, 5'7" , Rambox, MFT

mzflorida

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am looking for advice on a tonneau cover for my truck, described in the title. (EDIT: I have black rails in the bed, which apparently is a factor in which cover will fit). I don't care for the Mopar cover that is on there now which came with the truck. It's not in bad shape at all but I don't like how much of the bed I lose with that cover without taking it off. I like the idea of a retractable cover but not sure if they're as good as they seem. What I am trying to achieve is getting as much use out of the bed as I can without removing a cover and when the cover is down that it provides good weather protection. I've searched to forum and not having much luck using the search feature. Sorry to ask for the spoonfeeding. 100% newbie on trucks. Anyhow, thanks! Mike

Last edited:

22Silver

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am looking for advice on a tonneau cover for my truck, described in the title. I don't care for the Mopar cover that is on there now which came with the truck. It's not in bad shape at all but I don't like how much of the bed I lose with that cover without taking it off. I like the idea of a retractable cover but not sure if they're as good as they seem. What I ma trying to achieve is getting as much use out of the bed as I can without removing a cover and when the cover is down that it provides good weather protection. I've searched to forum and not having much luck using the search feature. Sorry to ask for the spoonfeeding. 100% newbie on trucks. Anyhow, thanks! Mike
Hi, my 22 Sport came with the Mopar trifold as well and agree with you. I had the TonnoPro Lo-Roll from Costco on my 2013 and found it worked great. When rolled up full length of bed available, only loss was about 1inch on either side for rails.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am looking for advice on a tonneau cover for my truck, described in the title. I don't care for the Mopar cover that is on there now which came with the truck. It's not in bad shape at all but I don't like how much of the bed I lose with that cover without taking it off. I like the idea of a retractable cover but not sure if they're as good as they seem. What I ma trying to achieve is getting as much use out of the bed as I can without removing a cover and when the cover is down that it provides good weather protection. I've searched to forum and not having much luck using the search feature. Sorry to ask for the spoonfeeding. 100% newbie on trucks. Anyhow, thanks! Mike
Bakflip MX4.

mzflorida

Reaction score
Hi, my 22 Sport came with the Mopar trifold as well and agree with you. I had the TonnoPro Lo-Roll from Costco on my 2013 and found it worked great. When rolled up full length of bed available, only loss was about 1inch on either side for rails.
Thanks! I had not thought about checking out Costco.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks! I don't think it will work on my truck. They have options for RAM box with silver rails but mine are black. I appreciate you answering!
You need to get the silver rails to get 99.9% of covers
Ram screws everyone who gets ramboxes and rails over if you get forced into the free tri-fold cover, ie an Limited.
There are a handful of threads on it here.

mzflorida

Reaction score
You need to get the silver rails to get 99.9% of covers
Ram screws everyone who gets ramboxes and rails over if you get forced into the free tri-fold cover, ie an Limited.
There are a handful of threads on it here.
Thank you! I did try to search here but that search function is not the greatest. Appreciate you taking the time to help me out!

Users who are viewing this thread