5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need ideas please

bkruse643

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram with 59,500 miles. It threw a code for cylinder 4 misfire. I replaced plugs and coil packs and even injectors. Need to know what to do next. Anyone who’s been through this and can help I’d greatly appreciate it!

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What was the code? Maybe an MDS issue, but hopefully not to this extent. Best bet is to take it to the stealership and have them diagnose it. On few occasions does just randomly throwing parts/money at an issue fix it. I’m not a fan of the stealerships, but sometimes (unfortunately) it’s the more logical route.

Last edited:

23RAM

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram with 59,500 miles. It threw a code for cylinder 4 misfire. I replaced plugs and coil packs and even injectors. Need to know what to do next. Anyone who’s been through this and can help I’d greatly appreciate it!
I had a similar issue with a brand new 2022 truck at 6k miles, cyl 5 misfire and they tried the plugs, coil, injector, PCM, and finally a new wiring harness (the full one, not the top one) fixed it. Must have had a bad connection somewhere. Took them 6 months to finally get it resolved.

bkruse643

Reaction score
What was the code? Maybe an MDS issue, but hopefully not to this extent. Best bet is to take it to the stealership and have them diagnose it. On few occasions does just randomly throwing parts/money at an issue fix it. I’m not a fan of the stealerships, but sometimes (unfortunately) it’s the more logical route.

I have P1414 and P0304. I was gonna take it in until they told me that whatever it is won’t be covered under the warranty without looking at it so I just got angry and said no way.

Users who are viewing this thread