5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MGU (motor-generator unit) problems? 2022 Ram Rebel

luistalhao

Reaction score
First time posting here.
Hope you guys can help me ease my mind.
Last year my truck got the mgu replaced. Since then the voltage has been acting weird (so I say).
During the summer months the battery voltage would drop during my drives. In the morning the voltage would show 14/14.3 (25 miles) and would never drop. In the afternoon on my way home would drop to 13.6 (same 25 miles). Went on a trip (4 hours) got home and the voltage showed 12.4. Complained to the dealer where I bought the truck they tested the system… the system came as good.
Winter months came and it stopped doing all of this. Voltage always showed 14/14.3. So I stopped caring.
Now that the weather started getting “hot” the voltage started acting weird again. Complained to the dealer again and asked to test the system again (battery, mgu system) since I’m about to go down to Florida in July and don’t want to get stranded in the “middle of nowhere” with my wife and daughter at 3 in the morning. Testes came out as good/passed.
Some friends have 1500 e-torque and they say that their voltage doesn’t drop that much.
I “think” I know that the truck is not working correctly.
Sorry for the long post, if there is needed more info I can give it. Hope someone can help/ease my mind.
Thank you for the help

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If there is a problem it's likely with the 48v battery module, as that's what actually charges the 12v main battery. I'm not sure you actually have a problem though. I've read that other people with the etorque system have seen similarly strange things with their battery voltage as well. My truck doesn't have etorque so I can't check that for you.

Snekpete

Reaction score
I've got a 2021 and the voltage drops down to 12.9 to 13 on occasion when the outside temps are 80 and above and the batteries are charged. When the outside temps are below 40 the voltage stays higher around 14. Your voltage sounds normal to me
You can read the whole thread here:

Users who are viewing this thread