5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comfort Setting Popup

TruDan85

Reaction score
I will give that a shot, I just don't like the idea of my lights being on all the time. Hopefully there will be a software update for Uconnect that fixes it but I'm not holding my breath.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I will give that a shot, I just don't like the idea of my lights being on all the time. Hopefully there will be a software update for Uconnect that fixes it but I'm not holding my breath.
Like I said give it a try. If it works go back to dealer. Ask them to open a star case on it. The more owners who report/complain about the issues the faster they will come up with a fix.

TruDan85

Reaction score
Covering the sensor BEFORE I started the car seemed to work. Once I uncovered it the pop-up started again. Then I covered it while I was driving and the pop-up would still show up.

TruDan85

Reaction score
I assume you have to cover the sensor well enough so the headlights go on?
Like I said give it a try. If it works go back to dealer. Ask them to open a star case on it. The more owners who report/complain about the issues the faster they will come up with a fix.
Ok so heres the thing. When I cover the sensor with the SiriusXM brochure the comfort setting pop-up does stop coming up completely. So, yea, the comfort pop-up is absolutely related to that sensor somehow. However, when I cover the sensor, my headlights do not come on even though they are set to auto. Is it just because its daytime and it can still sense the daylight? I have not driven at night yet as I just got the truck a few days ago, but I find it strange that my lights do not come on when covered.

FelixTCat

Reaction score
Your truck needs to be in Drive to have the lights come on when the sensor is covered so if you just covered it in the parking lot and walked around to the front they will not be on.

I had the sensor replaced this morning and it did not fix the issue, still getting consistent pop ups with it uncovered.

FelixTCat

Reaction score
I am interested in seeing the outcome. I contacted my dealer about the issue and they said it is simply popping up because I am using android auto and it wants to tell me the comfort setting. But it pops up even not in android auto so, yeah.
My dealer tried to tell me it was caused by an issue with apple car play. Until they did a complete factory reset on the ent center and I was getting pop ups without any phones connected. So far they checked for a loose connection, replaced the head unit, replaced the daylight sensor and still haven't fixed the issue.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My dealer tried to tell me it was caused by an issue with apple car play. Until they did a complete factory reset on the ent center and I was getting pop ups without any phones connected. So far they checked for a loose connection, replaced the head unit, replaced the daylight sensor and still haven't fixed the issue.
I'm betting it's a software glitch in the matrix. Try to get hold of NEO for help. :p

TruDan85

Reaction score
Your truck needs to be in Drive to have the lights come on when the sensor is covered so if you just covered it in the parking lot and walked around to the front they will not be on.

I had the sensor replaced this morning and it did not fix the issue, still getting consistent pop ups with it uncovered.
Thanks for the update. Now I know I don't need to bring it in lol. As far as the headlights go it's weird, when I cover the sensor during the day the lights don't come on. But at night when it's naturally dark out the lights come on no problem at all. Wondering if there's a secondary sensor or some other factor?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Now I know I don't need to bring it in lol. As far as the headlights go it's weird, when I cover the sensor during the day the lights don't come on. But at night when it's naturally dark out the lights come on no problem at all. Wondering if there's a secondary sensor or some other factor?
Potentially also tied into the auto-dim mirror sensor? Not saying that's it, just a guess

Users who are viewing this thread