The Texas Automotive Writers Association (TAWA) have released their list of winners from the group’s annual Texas Truck Rodeo. Twenty-seven TAWA members traveled to the Star Hill Ranch near Austin, Texas back in October, to evaluate 39 pickup trucks and SUVs on an all-new off-road course. It wasn’t just the dirt that members got time driving on, as they hit the pavement as well. Vehicles were measured not just about performance on and off-road, but on their exterior, interior, performance, value, and appeal.
This year, the revised 2021 Dodge Durango took home the SUV of Texas title, while the 2021 Ram 1500 lineup took home the “Truck of Texas” title once again. It marks the third consecutive year that RAM has taken home top honors.
“The SUV and truck market in Texas is strong, and narrow margins between the vehicles confirmed just how competitive this market is this year, ” said TAWA President Kristin Shaw. “TAWA was the first journalist group to drive RAM’s new 1500 TRX and its impressive 702 horsepower 6.2-liter HEMI along with undeniable capability on and off-road convinced our journalist to rank the Ram 1500 number one in the Truck of Texas category.”
The awards included the following…
- 2021 Ram 1500
- Full-Size Pickup Truck of Texas – 2021 Ram 1500 TRX
- Luxury Pickup Truck of Texas – 2021 Ram 1500 Limited Longhorn 10th Anniversary Edition
- Off-Road Truck of Texas – 2021 Ram 1500 TRX
- Truck of Texas
- 2021 Dodge Durango
- Full-Size SUV of Texas – 2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat
- SUV of Texas
- 2021 Jeep® Wrangler
- Off-Road SUV of Texas – 2021 Jeep® Wrangler Rubicon
- 2021 Jeep® Gladiator
- Midsize Pickup Truck of Texas – 2021 Jeep® Gladiator Mojave
- 2020 Ram Heavy Duty
- Heavy-Duty Pickup Truck of Texas – 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie Night Edition
Vehicles weren’t the only thing that FCA took home awards for. There were a number of features that the automaker took home awards for, including…
- Best Infotainment System –
- Best Powertrain –
- Best Towing Technology –
- Ram Heavy Duty’s 360-Degree Surround View Camera
Collectively, FCA brands secured the most awards of any manufacturer at the event.
You must be logged in to post a comment.