What we would like to see: 2019 Ram 1500 interior
Ram’s currently have one of if not the best interiors in their class. Spy shots of the 2019 Ram 1500 interior lead us to believe that that is going to continue. Here’s what we would like to see:
- Flat rear floor without the transmission hump.
- Underfloor storage bins as on the current trucks.
- Bigger crew cab with more rear legroom (which judging by spy photos looks to be the case.)
- Fold flat rear seating.
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel (I’m told this is coming.)
- Console shifter (I’m told this might be coming on a future model)
Bonus: I have not been able to confirm this but I believe the display will be able to be tilted towards the driver or passenger. Look at the way the screen is integrated into the top of the dash it definitely might be possible. There is supposed to be a super secret feature that nobody else has and I believe that this is it.
What we would like to see: 2019 Ram 1500 exterior
There are lots of spy photos of the 2019 Ram 1500 floating around giving us a pretty good glimpse of what to expect. This is what I would like to see that we can’t learn from spy photos.
- Optional wheel design on all trims. Yes all trim levels will have their own unique wheel design but it would be nice to also see an optional wheel design available per trim level.
- Unique hood such as the current Sport performance hood available on certain trims.
- HID or LED lighting standard on all trims
- Adaptive and curve lighting on models with the upgraded headlights
- Blackout packages still available on certain trims
- Follow what they did for the 2018 2500 and 3500’s and make the Sport package an option on Big Horn and Laramie trims which would allow for a little more flexibility on option packaging
2019 Ram 1500 drivetrain
I covered much of the drivetrain already here. To sum up I would like to see a power bump for all currently available engines and it looks like we will be getting that. A turbocharged inline 6 is expected about a year after launch.
I would also like to see:
- An electronic rear locking differential available
- Bigger brakes which judging by the spy shots and base wheels moving from 17 to 18 inches appears to be happening
For the most part the current drivetrain is very solid and would do well with some performance and refinement updates.
Reply below and let me know what YOU would like to see on the 2019 Ram 1500’s and hop on our Forums and join the discussion!
You must be logged in to post a comment.