2019 Ram information – What we know and what we think we know
A clear picture is emerging in regards to the 2019 Ram “DT”. Sources providing us with 2019 Ram information have confirmed what some have been anticipating for awhile now. A lot if information also lines up with what Allpar has mentioned in past articles of “DT”.
At launch we expect the 3.6 Pentastar and the 5.7 Hemi to be available. The Pentastar is rumoured to get a power bump and the addition of direct injection. It is currently rated at 305 HP and 269 lb ft of torque. The Hemi will probably get a small power bump to around 405-410HP and we could possibly see torque numbers jump to 415-420lb ft. Expect the gas engines to come standard with electric stop start (ESS).
The 3.0 EcoDiesel should be available mid year and I would expect the numbers to match the “JL” Wrangler. That would put the EcoDiesel at 260HP and 442lbft of torque, a bump of 20hp and 22lb ft over the current Ecodiesel.
We expect the rumoured “Tornado” turbocharged inline 6 to be available a year to a year and a half after launch. Engineers are holding this one close to the chest so there isn’t a lot of information available on this engine yet, but I’d expect HP in the mid 300’s and torque in the low to mid 400’s.
There was a photo was floating around awhile ago showing a Ram “DS” mule with the hood open. Looking closely at that picture it looked like a 4 cylinder and it could very well be the 4 cylinder eTorq that just debuted in the 2018 Wrangler. FCA’s business plan also shows a Hybrid Ram is on the way and I wouldn’t be surprised if it is the 4cylinder eTorq.
Expect the exceptional ZF 8 speed transmission to carry on with all engine offerings as it has been proven to be a very reliable and excellent performing unit.
Tech and features
The new Ram is going to be jam packed with new features and tech, as well some of it will be available at a lower trim level than you expect.
These photos show a new Ram running around with a 12 inch Uconnect screen. There is actually more to this photo than meets the eye, some of the new tech and features that we are getting are:
- Optional 12 inch Uconnect screen. (unknown on what trim levels it becomes available or standard)
- Remote tailgate release from the key fob. (Confirmed)
- Active park assist and lane keeping system (Both buttons are visable on the top of the centre stack) This is also why on some spy shots you can see the parking sensors facing out towards the side of the truck on the front bumper. (Confirmed)
- 360 Degree Surround view camera. (Confirmed)
- Panoramic sunroof. (Confirmed and you can see it in the reflection of the screen)
- Adaptive cruise control. (Confirmed)
- Wireless phone charging. (Confirmed)
- Blind spot monitoring. (Confirmed and visible in the tail lights)
- LED fog and taillights. (Confirmed by spy photos)
That is a lot of new tech and there are also still some features that we don’t know about yet. Discuss your thoughts on the Forums and look for another article detailing more features of the 2019 Ram 1500 soon.