Throughout the extended 2019 model year, one of the most popular packages on the all-new 2019 Ram 1500 was the Laramie Black. The Laramie Black Appearance Package added a monochromatic black look, giving the truck a lot of urban street appeal. Now that the 2020 models are here, the 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Night Edition replaces the Laramie Black, giving an even more sinister black appearance than the 2019 models. So what set’s the 2020 Laramie Night Edition apart from the 2019 Laramie Black?
While most of the package has been renamed, the major change is the wheels. Where the 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Black came with a set of Granite Crystal-colored 22-Inch Aluminum Wheels, the 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Night Edition, ditches the Granite wheels in favor of Gloss Black-painted wheels. It doesn’t sound like much, but it completes the all-blacked out look similar to the 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Black, compared to having the wheels clash in color.
So what does a black 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Night Edition Package feature…
- 22–Inch x 9.0–Inch Forged Aluminum Wheel
- 285/45R22XL BSW All–Season Tires
- Black Exterior Badging
- Black Headlamp Bezels
- Black Interior Accents
- Black Tubular Side–Steps
- Full–Length Upgraded Floor Console
- Sport Performance Hood
- Wireless Charging Pad
The price for the Night Edition package has jumped an extra $100 USD over last year’s Laramie Black Appearance Package, bringing the total to $3,495 USD on Crew Cab models ($3,395 on Quad Cab models). In order to get the all-black Ram 1500 Laramie, you will also have to upgrade to the Laramie 2 Equipment Group which includes…
- Automatic–Dimming Exterior Passenger Mirror
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hot Spot
- 19–Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound
- 5–Year SiriusXM® Traffic™ Service
- Automatic High Beam Headlamp Control
- Blind–Spot and Cross–Path Detection
- HD™ Radio
- Heated Second–Row Seats
- ParkSense® Front and Rear Park–Assist with Stop
- Rain–Sensitive Windshield Wipers
- Rear Underseat Compartment Storage
- Remote Tailgate–Release
- Rear 60 / 40 Folding Split Recline Seat
- SiriusXM Guardian™ Connected Services w/1–Yr Trial
- SiriusXM® Traffic Plus
- SiriusXM® Travel Link
- Tailgate Ajar Warning Lamp
The Laramie 2 Equipment Package has also jumped in price, for the 2020 model year and will now set you back $4,895 on Crew Cab models ($3,595 on Quad Cab models). That is an increase of $300 on Crew Cab models and stays the same on Quad Cab when compared to its 2019 siblings.
So is the added price for the 2020 Night Edition’s Gloss Black wheels, worth the addition $400 on Crew Cab models? Leave your comments below.
Photos: University Dodge