While the 2021 Ram 1500 continues to be the most luxurious full-size pickup in the segment, prices for the Ram 1500 can easily reach $60,000 USD without checking off every option. But there are still a number of truck buyers who could care less about all the bells and whistles and just want a durable, reliable, and affordable truck with good looks.
Now, while the 2021 Ram 1500 Tradesman is most associated as being the entry-level offering in the lineup best associated with commercial work trucks, there are a number of packages within the Tradesman offerings tailor to the buyer’s liking. One of those packages is the Sport Appearance Package. While the Sport Appearance Package is popular on Big Horn (Lone Star in Texas) and Laramie models, the Tradesman offering may be Ram’s best-kept secret.
Offered on both Tradesman Quad Cab and Crew Cab offerings, the Tradesman Sport Appearance Package ditches the black bumpers and adds some comfort features without putting a huge hole in your wallet.
The Tradesman Sport Appearance Package adds the following equipment for an additional $895 USD…
- 18–Inch x 8.0–Inch Aluminum-Painted Wheels
- Body-Color Rear Bumper with Step-Pads
- Body-Color Front Bumper
- Body-Color Grille
- Front Fog Lamps
- 3–Rear Seat Head Restraints
Clicking the Sport Appearance Package also requires you to add the Tradesman Level 1 Equipment Group for $1,555 USD and adds the following features…
- Carpet Floor-Covering
- Cloth 40/20/40 Bench Seat
- Front and Rear Floor Mats
- Rear Power-Sliding Window
If the standard 18-Inch x 8.0-Inch aluminum-painted wheels aren’t enough for your liking, you can splurge for a set of 20-Inch x 9.0-Inch aluminum polished painted wheels for an additional $1,295 USD. The wheels give the truck a far more sporty presence on the street.
The Ram 1500 Tradesman already comes standard with a number of convenience features like…
- Advanced Multistage Front Air Bags
- Supplemental Front Seat Side Air Bags
- Supplemental Side–Curtain Front and Rear Air Bags
- Conventional Differential Rear Axle
- 3.21 Rear Axle Ratio
- Push–Button Start
- Remote Keyless Entry
- ParkView® Rear Back-Up Camera
- Sentry Key® Theft Deterrent System
- Anti–Lock 4–Wheel Disc Brakes
- Electric Park Brake
- Ready–Alert Braking
- Brake Assist
- Rain–Brake Support
- Tire–Fill Alert
- Electronic Roll Mitigation
- Electronic Stability Control
- Trailer Sway Damping
- Hill Start Assist
- Speed Control
- Rotary Shifter–Black
- Class III Hitch
- 7–Pin Wiring Harness
- 26–Gallon Fuel Tank
- Capless Fuel–Fill
- Uconnect® 3 with 5–Inch Display
- Cluster 3.5–Inch TFT Black and White Display
- Integrated Voice Command with Bluetooth®
- Media Hub–2 USB, Full Funct, Aux
- 12–Volt Auxiliary Power Outlet
- 4–Way Manual Adjustable Driver Seat
- 4–Way Manual Adjustable Front Passenger Seat
- 2nd–Row In-Floor Storage Bins
- Power Front Windows with 1–Touch Up & Down
- Front and Rear Climate–Control Outlets
- Steering Wheel Mounted Shift Control
- Tilt / Telescope Steering Column
- 18-Inch x 7.5-Inch Steel Painted Wheels
- 275/65R18 BSW All–Season Tires
- 18–Inch Full–Size Steel Spare Wheel
- Power–Heated Mirrors with Manual Fold–Away
- Automatic Headlamps
- Halogen Quad Headlamps
- Cargo Tie-Down Loops
- Locking Tailgate
For the 2021 model year, there are four powertrain options for the Ram 1500 Tradesman lineup. The 3.6-liter eTorque Pentastar V-6 engine, delivering 305 horsepower and 269 lb.-ft. of torque is standard. The next available option is the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 with variable-valve timing (VVT) which is available with the eTorque mild-hybrid system, making 395 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. of torque. Then there is the 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 engine, delivering 260 horsepower and 480 lb.-ft. of torque for those looking for a diesel option. All four powertrains are mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission.
The 2021 Ram 1500 Tradesman Quad Cab has the starting U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $32,595 for 4×2 models and $36,095 for 4×4 models. Optioning for the much larger Crew Cab has a U.S. MSRP of $35,395 for 4×2 and $38,895 for 4×4, both are with the 5-foot, 7-inch box configuration.
Since the Ram 1500 Tradesman Sport is not a popular package for dealer ordering inventory, the package is quite hard to find. This particular model shown, is actually a brand-new 2020 Ram 1500 Tradesman Sport Crew Cab 4×4 currently in inventory as of the writing of this article at Rairdon’s of Bellingham Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram in Bellingham, Washington.
For more information on availability or ordering a Tradesman Sport, you can contact your local Ram Truck dealer.
You must be logged in to post a comment.