The first batch of 2022 Ram 1500 Big Horn BackCountry models are now arriving on dealer lots in both the United States and Canada. The new model joins the new Rebel G/T, Sport G/T (Canada), Laramie G/T, Limited Longhorn Southfork, Limited 10th Anniversary Edition, Limited (RED), and TRX Ignition Edition models in the revised 2022 model year lineup. The new off-road-oriented model, slots underneath the popular Rebel and offers customers a new more budget-friendly package that combines convenience, comfort, and added off-road capability.
The 2022 Ram 1500 BackCountry Edition features 18-inch black wheels, black two-tone exterior paint, black badging, exhaust tips, headlamp bezels, mirrors, and running boards. A body-color grille surround and tonneau cover also are included and help set BackCountry up from the rest of the light-duty lineup.
Standard functional features include the 4×4 Off-Road Group, which includes tow hooks, skid plates for the front suspension, transfer case, power steering and fuel tank, rear electronic locking axle, off-road calibrated shocks, hill-descent control, and all-terrain tires, and Bed Utility Group, which includes upper adjustable tie-downs, bed extender (available with RamBox only) deployable bed step, bed lighting, and spray-in bed liner.
Off-Road Functionality –
- 4×4 Off-Road Decals (MPD)
- 18-Inch x 8-Inch Black-Painted Aluminum Wheels (WBP)
- Falken Wildpeak LT275/65R18C OWL On/Off-Road Tires (TCP)
- 1-Inch Raised Ride Height (XZN)
- Front Extra Heavy-Duty Shocks (SFD)
- Rear Extra Heavy-Duty Shocks (SFD)
- Front Suspension Skid Plate (XEU)
- Fuel Tank Skid Plate (XEE)
- Steering Gear Skid Plate (XJ2)
- Transfer Case Skid Plate (XEF)
- Tow Hooks (XEA)
- Hill Descent Control (BNH)
- Off-Road Info Pages (JA8)
- Electronic-Locking Rear Differential (DSH)
Exterior Appearance –
- Black Headlamp Bezel (MFA)
- Black Tubular Side Steps (MRU)
- Black Exterior Mirrors (LE7)
- Black Ram Grille Badge (ME6)
- Black Grille with Body-Color Surround (MAH)
- Painted Front Bumper (MBU)
- Painted Rear Bumper (MBV)
- Accent-Colored Premium, Power Mirrors (GT4)
- Black Exterior Badging (M17)
- Lower Two-Tone Paint (APD)
- Black Dual Exhaust Tips (NEP)
Interior Appearance –
- Full-Length Floor Console (CUF)
- Power 8-Way Adjustable Driver Seat (JPV)
- Power 2-Way Driver Lumbar Adjust (JPE)
- Center Console Parts Module (X8S)
- Vinyl/Cloth Front Bucket Seats (*J7)
- Bucket Seats (CAC)
- Back Country I/P badge (HEB)
- Front & Rear All-Weather Floor Mats (CLF)
Cargo Capability –
- Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover (CS7)
- LED Bed Lighting (LPL)
- Full-Size Spare Tire (TBB)
- Deployable Bed Step (MDN)
- Spray-In Bedliner (XMF)
- 4 Adjustable Cargo Tie-Down Hooks (CL2)
The BackCountry is available in either Quad Cab or Crew Cab 4×4 configurations. Customers will have a choice of a 5.7-liter HEMI V8 or 5.7-liter HEMI V8 with the eTorque mild-hybrid system. Both engines deliver 395 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. of torque.
The Ram 1500 BackCountry Quad Cab 4×4 will have a starting U.S. Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $40,085 with a $1,695 destination charge. If you live in Canada, the same truck has a Canadian MSRP of $63,330 with a $1,995 destination charge.
This particular model (as of the writing of this article) is currently available at Galt Chrysler Dodge Jeep® Ram in Cambridge, Ontario.
2022 Ram 1500 Big Horn BackCountry Image Gallery:
You must be logged in to post a comment.