Ram has pulled the covers off of its updated 2025 Ram 1500 (DT) pickup lineup. While the truck isn’t revolutionary, its powertrain options are. Ram has taken a unique approach to help move the brand’s half-ton pickup lineup forward into the age of electrification without leaving its core internal combustion engine (ICE) enthusiasts behind.
First, the legendary 5.7-liter (345 cubic-inch) HEMI® V8 is gone for 2025. After 22 years under the hood of the Ram 1500, Ram has moved forward with introducing the state-of-the-art twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter Hurricane I6 engine. The new engine will give owners two new options for 2025: a standard output (S/O) and a high output (H/O) variant.
For those who opt for the S/O version, the Hurricane will produce 420 horsepower and 469 lb.-ft. of torque. That’s an improvement over the 5.7-liter HEMI V8 with eTorque from last year, which made 395 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. of torque. The S/O model will offer a maximum towing capability of 11,560 lbs. and a maximum payload of 1,910 lbs. on specific models.
For those who want even more performance, the Hurricane H/O engine provides the Ram 1500 with 540 horsepower and 521 lb.-ft. of torque. That is a significant improvement in power over the outgoing HEMI, but one disadvantage exists. Towing. The outgoing HEMI had a maximum towing rating of 12,750 lbs. on specific configurations; the H/O only has a maximum tow rating of 10,740 lbs. and a maximum payload of 1,370 lbs. So, for those looking for more towing capability, we suggest the S/O variant.
If you aren’t impressed with the Hurricane engine’s performance and are just looking for an all-around performer, the 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 with eTorque returns for 2025 as the base powerplant. The Pentastar continues to deliver 305 horsepower and 269 lb.-ft. of torque while providing a maximum towing capacity of 8,100 lbs. and a maximum payload of 2,300 lbs. depending on the configuration.
All three engines will continue to be mated to smooth-shifting ZF-sourced 8-speed automatic transmissions.
Updated Durability –
In order to complement the formidable power of the Hurricane H/O engine, the 2025 Ram 1500 is equipped with a high-torque rear axle. This critical component significantly elevates ride quality and traction, ensuring that the truck effortlessly navigates through a diverse range of driving conditions.
The 2025 Ram 1500 boasts a newly integrated high-torque rear axle, specifically tailored to enhance ride quality for vehicles outfitted with the potent Hurricane H/O engine. Available in both 2WD and 4WD configurations, drivers have the option of a traditional open or limited-slip differential. These differentials work dynamically to distribute torque among the rear wheels efficiently, maximizing traction at each wheel. For added control, an electronic locking rear differential allows drivers to engage or disengage the differential as needed, providing an extra boost of traction when the situation calls for it.
The Ram 1500 offers a selection of axle ratios, including 3.21, 3.55, or 3.92, granting customers the flexibility to fine-tune their vehicle for a balance between fuel efficiency and capability.
Drivers can expect an exceptional ride and handling experience, thanks to the double wishbone front suspension and five-link solid rear axle. For an extra level of customization, an available segment-exclusive feature is the active-level four-corner air suspension. This innovative system offers up to five distinct modes, including Entry/Exit, Aero, Normal, Off-Road 1, and Off-Road 2, catering to various driving preferences and terrain conditions.
The 2025 Ram 1500 lineup has been further diversified by introducing the ultra-premium Tungsten model, joining other familiar trims like Tradesman, Big Horn/Lone Star, Laramie, Rebel, Limited Longhorn, and Limited. This expansion provides customers a wide range of choices, allowing them to select the trim that best suits their preferences and needs.
The new 2025 Ram 1500 Tungsten model gives customers an ultra-premium experience while staying true to the hardworking nature of the Ram 1500. The all-new Ram 1500 Tungsten includes a power tailgate, a premium LED taillight design, and a contemporary R-A-M badge.
Tungsten’s Indigo/Sea Salt interior includes new platinum patina/semi-bright dual-textured metal accents, featuring diamond knurling, suede-wrapped headliner, A- and B-pillars and visors, and heated and ventilated premium quilted Natura Plus leather driver and front passenger seats with 24-way power, including memory settings and a massage function, power lumbar support and four-way powered headrests. Other features that give Tungsten a well-crafted, high-quality feel and appearance include a Tungsten badge on the center console featuring inlaid metal lettering and diamond knurling, which also proudly displays the vehicle identification number or VIN, brushed platinum patina aluminum litho bezels, a unique crystal-effect shifter center cap, an ultra-premium Klipsch Reference Premiere audio system with 23 speakers, all-new class-exclusive dual wireless chargers and a metal pedal kit.
The 2025 Ram 1500 lineup elevates its interior offerings to new heights, with an array of enhanced colors and materials that redefine luxury and style:
- Bighorn/Lone Star: Showcasing the all-new Gridiron paint, this model boasts laser-etched decorative trim accents on the dashboard, doors, and console. The Gear Embossed seat inserts are available in Diesel Gray or black, adding a touch of sophistication.
- Laramie: Introducing Chevron film decorative trim accents, the Laramie model offers a fresh take on interior design. Customers can opt for the new Bison Brown/Sea Salt Gray two-tone interior, complementing the standard black interior for a distinct and refined look.
- Rebel: The Rebel model takes a bold step forward with a red/black ombre mesh insert material, enhancing the standard cloth/vinyl seats. This dynamic addition adds a vibrant and energetic touch to the interior.
- Limited Longhorn: This model embraces natural elements by introducing the Barn Wood 45 open pore real wood veneer. The wood veneer features an improved sawcut effect, creating a rustic and authentic ambiance. Exclusively available in Bison Brown, the monochromatic interior exudes sophistication and is complemented by massaging front seats.
- Limited: The Limited model incorporates Black Ebony open pore real wood veneer decorative trim accents, adding a touch of elegance and refinement. In addition to the standard black monochromatic interior, customers can opt for the optional black/ebony red interior color package, creating a striking two-tone effect. This package also includes massaging front seats for an extra level of comfort and luxury.
Further enhancements include a convenient push-button trailer steering knob and an accessory switch bank. When equipped with the 14.5-inch touchscreen, the switch bank incorporates full-time dedicated buttons on the lower portion of the touchscreen, along with conventional physical controls located just off the screen. This thoughtful design ensures easy accessibility and seamless control of essential functions.
Ram also hinted at a new performance off-road model, the 2025 Ram 1500 RHO. This looks to be the next chapter of the TRX saga, as Ram didn’t release too many details about the truck, other than it will feature a 540 horsepower Hurricane H/O engine. A name change would allow the current TRX to stand as something really special, while allowing its suspension goodies to trickle down to the new model.
The 2025 Ram 1500 boasts a thoroughly modern exterior design that exudes the bold and heroic presence Ram is renowned for. The latest iteration of this light-duty truck maintains its unmistakable identity while adopting a sleeker, more aerodynamic profile. Upgraded premium LED headlamps, including twin bi-functional projector headlamps, come standard on Limited and higher trims. The grille, now more prominent and leaning forward, adds an extra layer of boldness, making a striking statement. This iconic Ram grille has eight distinctive interpretations tailored to each model.
A fluid body-side character line runs seamlessly from front to rear, unifying the front fender, cab doors, and bed fenders for a cohesive horizontal profile. The bed and cab are designed to be sub-flush, minimizing aerodynamic disruptions. All-new taillamps with a jewel-like appearance adorn the entire lineup, featuring LEDs with Blind-spot Monitoring, an option available on select models.
For 2025, the Ram 1500 introduces a power open/close tailgate with obstacle detection. Equipped with this feature, the key fob now includes a dedicated button to lower the tailgate effortlessly. The versatile multi-function tailgate is available, adding even more utility to the segment-leading cargo management and storage capabilities. RamBox, known for offering the best lockable bed storage in its class, includes a 115-volt outlet for added convenience. This class-exclusive cargo management system integrates weatherproof, lockable, illuminated, and drainable storage bins seamlessly into the bed rails. For added flexibility, RamBox also offers a pickup bed divider and cargo rail system complete with four sliding, adjustable cleats.
Ram will offer nine core exterior colors for the 2025 model year. Those colors include:
- Baltic Grey
- Billet Silver
- Bright White
- Delmonico Red
- Diamond Black
- Flame Red
- Hydro Blue
- Ivory White Tri-Coat
- River Rock
The 2025 Ram 1500 introduces a cutting-edge Uconnect system, setting new standards for connectivity and user experience. The system features an improved 12-inch touchscreen or an all-new 14.5-inch reconfigurable touchscreen display, providing a seamless and intuitive interface. The Uconnect 5 system offers enhanced connected services and features, ensuring unmatched ease of use.
Key highlights of the system include:
- Enhanced Touchscreen Displays: The system offers an improved 12-inch touchscreen with higher resolution, as well as a new 14.5-inch reconfigurable touchscreen. Both displays incorporate Full Array Local Dimming technology, enabling a higher contrast ratio than conventional edge-lit screens.
- Innovative Passenger Screen: A segment-first 10.25-inch passenger screen serves multiple functions, acting as a co-pilot for navigation and device management, an entertainment hub via HDMI, and a means to view exterior vehicle cameras.
- Advanced Atlantis Electrical Architecture: This architecture enhances the Uconnect 5 system with operating speeds five times faster than the previous generation. It also offers increased memory capacity, resulting in lightning-quick response times to touchscreen inputs, as fast as 0.05 seconds.
Additional innovative features include:
- Active Driving Assist: This Level 2 (L2) automated driving capability reinforces Ram’s commitment to autonomous driving. It enables hands-on-wheel and eyes-on-road automated driving using lane centering combined with adaptive cruise control, utilizing a range of sensors, including radars and cameras.
- Hands-free Driving Assist: Operating at Level 2+ (L2+), this feature allows hands-off driving at all speeds, with lane centering on approved roadways for even greater convenience. It also includes predictive speed adjustments in tight curves and verifies driver attentiveness.
- On-board Power Inverter: When equipped with the new 3.0-liter Hurricane engine, the Ram 1500 offers up to 1.8 kilowatts of power through two covered outlets in the bed. This feature enhances versatility and utility for various applications.
- Digital Rearview Mirror with Tow Mode: Providing an unobstructed rear view, this mirror displays real-time video from a rear-facing camera. It offers enhanced safety and visibility, especially when D-pillars or rear seats may obstruct the view. The mirror can be toggled between digital and reflective modes.
- Class-Exclusive Passenger Screen: A 10.25-inch screen exclusively visible to the front passenger offers dynamic touchscreen control. It is a co-pilot for navigation and device management, an entertainment center via HDMI, and allows viewing of exterior vehicle cameras. It also supports mirroring devices for internet browsing, music, and app use through the Uconnect 5 system.
- Full-Color Head-Up Display (HUD): Configurable up to 10 inches, the HUD displays multiple content areas simultaneously, including Lane Departure, Lane Keep Assist, adaptive cruise control, turn-by-turn navigation, current speed, current gear, and speed limit. Personalized settings can be saved within driver profiles.
- 12.3-inch Digital Gauge Cluster: Offering nearly two dozen different menus, this cluster provides information on various driver-assist technologies, including adaptive cruise control, active driving assist, drowsy driver detection, and speed limit traffic signs display.
- Dual Wireless Phone Charging (Class-Exclusive): Front passengers benefit from class-exclusive dual wireless phone charging, providing added convenience and functionality.
- Digital Key: Ram owners can now use their smartphone or watch as a digital key to access and start their vehicle. This feature, available through Ram Connect and the Ram app, allows for secure and convenient vehicle access without needing a physical key fob. A backup NFC-based smart card is also provided for additional security and accessibility.
These advanced features collectively redefine the driving experience, incorporating cutting-edge technology and intuitive interfaces to elevate convenience, safety, and connectivity for Ram 1500 owners.
The 2025 Ram 1500 will be available in Q1 2024.
2025 Ram 1500 Tungsten and Rebel Image Gallery: