Ram Trucks announced today, that it will be creating a second special edition model for its ever-popular Ram 1500 TRX performance off-roader. The 2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition, is a follow-up to the successful TRX Ignition Orange Edition and uses a similar formula by blending a unique exterior color and interior appointments and content.
“Our customers want to stand out from the crowd and the new Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition allows them to do just that while offering the segment’s best combination of performance, capability, and technology,” said Mike Koval Jr., Ram CEO. “We’re constantly expanding and exploring new ideas to meet the needs and fuel the imagination of our passionate customers and this is the latest example of how Ram trucks deliver features that will continue to win over more and more buyers.”
So what sets the TRX Sandblast Edition apart from the rest of the TRX models? It starts with a unique Mojave Sand (PTA) exterior color and graphics. It also includes a dual-pane panoramic sunroof, unique carbon-fiber accents, Light Frost accent stitching, an embroidered “TRX” seat back logo, spray-in bedliner, and a set of all-black 18-inch Beadlock capable wheels.
Adding the TRX Level 2 Equipment Group, the TRX Sandblast Edition also adds the following equipment over the standard TRX model…
- 19 Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound
- Blind-Spot and Cross-Path Detection
- Body-Color Door Handles
- Digital Rearview Mirror
- Wrapped Driver and Passenger Assist Handles
- Driver-Seat Memory
- Exterior Mirrors with Memory
- Front-Door Accent-Lighting
- Full-Length Premium Upgraded Floor-Console
- Head-Up Display
- Heated Second-Row Seats
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Instrument-Panel LED Ambient-Light Piping
- Leather and Suede Flat-Bottom Steering Wheel
- Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats
- LED Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp
- Luxury Front Door Trim Panel
- Bright Pedal Kit
- ParkSense® Front and Rear Park-Assist with Stop
- Pick-Up Box Lighting
- 8-Way Power Driver and Passenger Seats
- Power Adjustable Pedals with Memory
- Premium Wrapped Instrument-Panel Bezel
- Radio / Driver Seat / Mirrors / Pedals Memory
- Rain-Sensitive Windshield Wipers
- Rear-Door Accent-Lighting
- Rear Under-Seat Storage Compartment
- Rear Window Defroster
- Remote-Proximity Keyless-Entry
- Power Tailgate-Release
- Rear 60/40 Split Folding / Reclining Seat
- Sun-Visors with Illuminated Vanity-Mirrors
- Surround-View Camera System
- Trailer Brake-Controller
- Universal Garage-Door Opener
- Ventilated Front Seats
- Ventilated Rear Seats
- Wireless Charging-Pad
When it comes to safety, the TRX Sandblast Edition also adds the Advanced Safety Group to its list. This means the truck will also come with Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go, Lane Keep Assist, Pedestrian Emergency Braking, and Tailgate Ajar Warning-Lamp.
Under the hood, of course, is the supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI HELLCAT V8. Its 702 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque output remains unchanged for this special edition. The HELLCAT engine is mated to a ZF-sourced 8HP95 8-speed TorqueFlite automatic transmission. It’s good enough to propel the TRX Sandblast Edition to a 0 to 60 mph (0 to 97 km/h) time in 4.5 seconds.
The 2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition will have a U.S. Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) starting at $98,285 (not including $1,795 for destination). The newest special edition model will go on sale this summer.
You must be logged in to post a comment.