Now that the 2022 Ram 1500 has been landing on lots for the past few weeks, many of our readers have been messaging us to tell us about the new grille texture found on the Big Horn (also known as the Lone Star) models.
While the new grille texture is new to the Big Horn models and matches the updated textures on the 2022 Ram Heavy Duty models, the new texture is only available on those Big Horn (Lone Star) models powered by the Pen engine. The optional EcoDiesel powered pickups still feature a mesh grille texture from last year (which was also featured on the Built to Serve Edition trucks).
But one other model that has gained the new grille texture for the 2022 model year, is the Canadian-exclusive Sport model. Now, while there is no “Sport” specific model available in the United States, the Canadian Sport is considered an equivalent of the Rebel, sitting between the Big Horn and Laramie trim levels.
Several Sport models have been imported as used pickups in the American market over the past three model year, usually, they will be marked as a Rebel by Americans since equipment-wise that is where they fall.
So what makes the Canadian Sport so special over the Big Horn model?
- Standard 5.7-liter HEMI V8
- Standard Bi-LED Headlamps with Black Bezels (Same Found on Black Appearance Packages w/ LED option and Rebel)
- Standard Black outlined LED Taillamps (Same Found on Black Appearance Packages w/ LED option and Rebel)
- Standard Blacked-Out Side Window Surrounds
- Optional Sport Hood (Same As Rebel)
- 20‑Inch Black Aluminum Wheels with 275/55R20 OWL All‑Season Tires (Optional 22-Inch Wheels)
- 7‑Inch, Full‑Color Customizable In-Cluster Display Center
- 12-Inch Uconnect® 5 Infotainment System
- Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking
- All-Black Cabin w/ Black Headliner
- Satin Light Black Chrome Accents
- Real Metal Trim w/ Diamond Plate Look (found on Rebel)
- “Sport” Badge On Upper Glovebox Door
- Instrument Panel and Cluster are soft-wrapped and feature diesel grey French stitching
- Standard 12-Way Power Heated Sport Premium Cloth with unique “hex” insert fabric
- Standard Power Adjustable Pedals
- Standard Heated Steering Wheel
This particular 2022 Ram 1500 Sport can be found (as of this writing) at Ottawa Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram in Ottawa, Ontario. The starting Canadian Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the Ram 1500 Sport is $63,995 (or about $51,744 USD). That does not include tax, registration, for the $2,095 destination charge.
2022 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab 4×4 Image Gallery:
You must be logged in to post a comment.